Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Muhammad Gelbana <m....@gmail.com> on 2014/07/20 14:56:26 UTC

What is the purpose of the JIRA improvement issue TAP5-2192 ?

Would someone please explain the purpose of this issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2192

?
*---------------------*
*Muhammad Gelbana*
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mgelbana

Re: What is the purpose of the JIRA improvement issue TAP5-2192 ?

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, 20 Jul 2014 09:57:20 -0300, Muhammad Gelbana <m....@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I read the description but I still can't figure it out. What is meant by
> "distributed configuration" ?

Service distributed configuration is a major feature of Tapestry-IoC and
one of its main advantages over other IoC frameworks. Read more about it
here: http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry-ioc-configuration.html.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://machina.com.br

Re: What is the purpose of the JIRA improvement issue TAP5-2192 ?

Posted by Barry Books <tr...@gmail.com>.
Many features in Tapestry are controlled by IOC configurations. For example
Tapestry provides a set of parameter bindings

https://tapestry.apache.org/component-parameters.html#ComponentParameters-BindingExpressions

but it's possible via configurations to add more or override existing ones.
Currently there is no way to get a list of bindings supported by a running
system. This Jira adds a way to get the configuration of a running system.

Posted by Muhammad Gelbana <m....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, 20 Jul 2014 09:56:26 -0300, Muhammad Gelbana <m....@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Would someone please explain the purpose of this issue:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2192

Have you read comments? I know there's an awful lot of them, but they
describe what was asked and what's being done.

As Barry said, one part of it is being able to know what was the resulting
distributed configuration for each Tapestry-IoC service. Another one is to
be able to get the names of all components and mixins available in the
webapp, as we can already do for pages. One part I've added myself is a
page (/t5dashboard/componentlibraries) listing and describing the
component libraries available in the webapp.