Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Om <bi...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/18 18:58:25 UTC

Missing flex-jars project

Hi,

I am trying to set up the java projects for the compiler side of things.  I
found the following java projects under the 'modules' directory:

flex-asc
flex-compiler
flex-fxgutils
flex-swfutils

I am getting a compiler error that says: "missing required Java project:
flex-jars"

I dont see this project anywhere.  Am I missing something obvious?  Any
pointers would be appreciated!

(I am sitting in the Apache Flex discovery room, btw.  Would be great to
chat to someone about this)

Thanks,
Om

Re: Missing flex-jars project

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
I pointed ANT17_JAR to my current ant.jar and that fixed that problem.  Not
sure why it is'nt working for you.  Here is a screenshot for your
reference.

I will create a JIRA ticket and attach the patch file there.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
Justin,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
Alex,

Posted by Bogdan DINU <fl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Om,

flex-compiler has a build.xml which downloads dependency before compiling,
but it didn't worked for me. I have modified that build script to skip
downloading in order to build the jars.

However, if you want to remove all errors, you have to have the following
list of jars added to the compiler project :

asc.jar (flex-asc project)
batik-all-flex.jar (in third party or
http://archive.apache.org/dist/xmlgraphics/batik/batik-src-1.6.zip)
commons-collections.jar (
http://archive.apache.org/dist/commons/collections/binaries/commons-collections-3.0.tar.gz
)
commons-discovery.jar (
http://archive.apache.org/dist/commons/discovery/binaries/commons-discovery-0.2.tar.gz)
commons-logging.jar (
http://archive.apache.org/dist/commons/logging/binaries/commons-logging-1.0.4.tar.gz)
flex-messaging-common.jar (
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/security/bulletins/fds201_hf_308104.zip)
fxgutils.jar (flex-fxgutils project)
javacc.jar (
http://java.net/projects/javacc/downloads/download/javacc-5.0.tar.gz)
saxon9.jar (
http://sourceforge.net/projects/saxon/files/Saxon-B/9.1.0.8/saxonb9-1-0-8j.zip/download
)
swfutils.jar (flex-swfutils project)
velocity-dep-1.4-flex.jar (third party folder or
http://archive.apache.org/dist/velocity/engine/1.4/velocity-1.4.tar.gz)
xalan.jar (
http://archive.apache.org/dist/xml/xalan-j/binaries/xalan-j_2_6_0-bin.tar.gz
)