Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Peter Becker <pb...@meganesia.int.gu.edu.au> on 2001/06/03 12:59:57 UTC

Connecting text editor with JSVGCanvas

Hello,

as discussed in the other thread I'd like to combine a text editor with
a JSVGCanvas to get a direct preview of the code. Unfortunately I can't
find a way to put anything else than a URI into the JSVGCanvas class.
I'd like to parse the text directly in memory and to put the result
(SVGOMDocument I guess) into the JSVGCanvas. Do I have to hack the class
or do I just miss some part of the API?

Thanks,
    PeterB

Re: Connecting text editor with JSVGCanvas

Posted by Thierry Kormann <tk...@sophia.inria.fr>.
On Sunday 03 June 2001 12:59, Peter Becker wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as discussed in the other thread I'd like to combine a text editor with
> a JSVGCanvas to get a direct preview of the code. Unfortunately I can't
> find a way to put anything else than a URI into the JSVGCanvas class.
> I'd like to parse the text directly in memory and to put the result
> (SVGOMDocument I guess) into the JSVGCanvas. Do I have to hack the class
> or do I just miss some part of the API?

a setSVGDocument method is provided on the JSVGCanvas (the method belongs to
the JSVGComponent class).

Thierry.