Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by rajini maski <ra...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/17 06:10:47 UTC

Solr-HOW TO HANDLE THE LOCK FILE CREATION WHILE INDEXING AND OPERATION TIMED OUT WEB EXCEPTION ERROR

Hello Everyone,

      Please help me knowing the logic behind this lock file generation
while indexing data in solr!

       The trouble I am facing is as follows:

The data that I indexed is nearly in millions. At the initial level of
indexing I find no errors unless it cross up-to 10lacs documents...But once
it crosses this limit its throwing the web exception error as operation time
out! And simultaneously a kind of LOCK file is generated in //data/index
folder. I found in one thread ( this
thread<http://www.mail-archive.com/solr-user@lucene.apache.org/msg06782.html>
)that
it can be fixed by making some changes in Config xml of solr and also by
increasing java memory space in Tomcat.And I did that...Still the issue is
not solved and i couldn't find any route cause for this error..

Please , whoever know logic behind these two issues i.e,
 1) The web exception error as *operation timed out *
 2) The logic behind* why lock files are created and how they actually work
like!!*

Awaiting replies

Regards,
Rajani Maski

Re: Solr-HOW TO HANDLE THE LOCK FILE CREATION WHILE INDEXING AND OPERATION TIMED OUT WEB EXCEPTION ERROR

Posted by rajini maski <ra...@gmail.com>.
 Yes it is netwoked kind and in Windows....Solr version is Solr-1.4.0 ,
Tomcat 6.

Exception is system.net.web exception error "Operation has timed out"
httprequest.getresponse failed....
For web exception error do I need to change ramBufferSize paramter  and
merge factors parameters in config.xml ??

And for lock file is there any setting I need to make? Why and how does it
get generated...?If you know please brief it...I am not able to get it
understand....

Thanks a lot for reply...
Regards,
Rajani Maski