Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "PINNI, BALANAND (SBCSI)" <bp...@sbc.com> on 2003/11/14 19:41:33 UTC

[users@httpd] Getting error with httpd.conf HTML syntax:

> It says error at red highlighted area :When I update  </html>  with
> Please help
	This is last lines of httpd.conf . When I try to stop after update
it says syntax error:
	What is wrong:

Re: [users@httpd] Getting error with httpd.conf HTML syntax:

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, PINNI, BALANAND (SBCSI) wrote:

> > It says error at red highlighted area :When I update  </html>  with

"red highlighted area"???

> > Please help
> 	This is last lines of httpd.conf . When I try to stop after update
> it says syntax error:
> 	What is wrong:

First thing you'd need to tell us is what version of apache you are using.

Second, I find this a really silly configuration.  What you probably want
is something like:

Alias /errors /opt/apache/errors
ErrorDocument 401 /errors/error.html

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Getting error with httpd.conf HTML syntax:

Posted by Jonas Eckerman <jo...@frukt.org>.
On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 12:41:33 -0600, PINNI, BALANAND (SBCSI) wrote:

> > It says error at red highlighted area

?

Is that a quote from somewhere, or do you have a red highlighted area
in a syntax highlighting editor or ... ?

> >  ErrorDocument 401 "<html> \
[...]

Methinks you should have doublequotes both before and after the long
error string. Try changing

Personally I'd put it all on one long line instead of trying to
create nice looking HTML indentations... It makes it easier to see
and remember that it actually is one long string enclosed in double
quotes..

/Jonas
--
Jonas Eckerman, jonas_lists@frukt.org