Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Martin Funk <Ma...@MartinFunk.de> on 2014/02/19 18:36:15 UTC

Context in a Restful Service

Working my way through, "Java Web Services" up and running.

On Page 69 i stumble over a @Context Annotation

[...]
import javax.ws.rs.core.Context;
import javax.ws.rs.core.MediaType;
import javax.ws.rs.core.Response;

import com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper;

@Path("/predict")
public class PredictionsRS {
	@Context
	private ServletContext sctx; // dependency injection
	private static PredictionsList plist; // set in populate()
[...]

the ServletContext sctx doesnt get initialized, on request the Server logs:

	... 37 more
Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name [comp/env/de.martinfunk.predictions3.PredictionsRS/sctx] is not bound in this Context. Unable to find [comp].
	at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:820)
	at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:168)

I'm most likely missing something, just not sure what.
Is there some configuration needed for TomEE to pick up the annotated field 'sctx' and inject a ServletContext into it?

mf

Re: Context in a Restful Service

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Good point. Provide us with a sample makes it far more easier :)

JLouis

--
Jean-Louis

Re: Context in a Restful Service

Posted by Martin Funk <Ma...@MartinFunk.de>.

Posted by Daniel Cunha <da...@gmail.com>.
Doesn't you need declaring @ApplicationPath in your
de.martinfunk.foo.FooApplication class?

--
*Daniel Cunha*
Site <http://danielsoro.com.br> - G

Re: Context in a Restful Service

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.

--
Jean-Louis

Re: Context in a Restful Service

Posted by Martin Funk <ma...@gmail.com>.
Both, the mvn build with bigger MaxPermGen and without the tests

and the Rest Application itself.

mf

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Funk <ma...@gmail.com>.