Posted to user@predictionio.apache.org by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com> on 2017/05/18 20:49:55 UTC

PIO 0.12.0 and Graduation Time?

Should we apply for graduation to Apache TLP soon, like maybe the next release? I started a Google doc for features we want and any Mentors can add things we need to demonstrate for graduation since some may not be Jira-able.

All user’s should feel free to input.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LTlzxH_CcWi67p8kCQPfPyu-1SwIJBkEonH3Yw4T6pY/edit?usp=sharing

Re: PIO 0.12.0 and Graduation Time?

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Sure, you can always ask. Someone might volunteer their time .

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Posted by Donald Szeto <do...@apache.org>.

Posted by Donald Szeto <do...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Re: Host PIO on Github (not ASF Git)

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
AFAIK,  some apache projects (spark/zeppelin) use github as mirror but
still based on apache git. People can still use github to submit/review PR.
But they need to call a script to merget this PR.

See https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/blob/master/dev/merge_zeppelin_pr.py

Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>于2017年5月20日周六 上午12:42写道:

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-14191 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-14191>

Posted by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>.

Posted by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>.

Posted by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>.

Posted by Donald Szeto <do...@apache.org>.

Posted by Donald Szeto <do...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>.

https://gitbox.apache.org/ <https://gitbox.apache.org/>

Posted by Sara Asher <sa...@salesforce.com>.
Hi everyone,

I've put all the 0.12 requests into JIRA.  Right now we have 21 tickets -
this includes both the ones people added to this doc and tickets that had
previously been tagged for 0.12.

As far as I can tell, the only tickets we should complete for graduation
are documentation / procedural fixes.  If that's true, we can start the
graduation process as soon as those tickets are ready and and work on
graduating in parallel to preparing 0.12.

In Pat's doc, I listed the jira tickets and added a column for "Needed for
graduation".  Are there other tickets that people feel we need to finish
before starting the graduation process?  If so, please update the document
so we can discuss and make a decision on timing for graduation.

Finally, it's seems people are okay with the 2 month release cycle.  I
propose we target 7/31 as the release date for 0.12.  Thoughts?

Regards,
Sara

Posted by Sara Asher <sa...@salesforce.com>.
Hi everyone,

Posted by Naoki Takezoe <ta...@gmail.com>.
> I'm working on improving batch/events.json endpoint performance
> by modifying it to use Elasticsearch bulk indexing or JDBC batch inserting.

Created a ticket on JIRA:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIO-90

and pull request is here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-predictionio/pull/386

--
Naoki Takezoe

Re: PIO 0.12.0 and Graduation Time?

Posted by Naoki Takezoe <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Naoki Takezoe <ta...@gmail.com>.
I'm working on improving batch/events.json endpoint performance
by modifying it to use Elasticsearch bulk indexing or JDBC batch inserting.
This is not necessary for graduation, but I hope to put this into 0.12.

> Finally, it's seems people are okay with the 2 month release cycle.  I
> propose we target 7/31 as the release date for 0.12.  Thoughts?

Anyway, +1 for 7/31 is the release date for 0.12.

--
Naoki Takezoe

Re: PIO 0.12.0 and Graduation Time?

Posted by Naoki Takezoe <ta...@gmail.com>.