Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by tubin gen <fa...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/21 18:47:16 UTC

making tinymce textarea read only

I am trying to make   teaxarea  with a tinymce behavior readonly   below is
the code for that , but this is not working , please help me make this
readonly.

tinyMCESettings.addCustomSetting("readonly : true");

Re: making tinymce textarea read only

Posted by Swanthe Lindgren <sw...@megasol.se>.
I solved the problem by downloading the tinymce source from the svn
repository together with the javascript lib from tinymce.moxiecode.com
and repacking it. The latest version of the scripts handles the readonly
option correct.

//Swanthe

Posted by fachhoch <fa...@gmail.com>.
I resolved it with adding additional property

tinyMCESettings.addCustomSetting("mode : textareas");

it works but new problem appeared   the readonly text area displays html tag
I will attach images of  textarea in read-only and editable
read-only
http://www.nabble.com/file/p23160955/textarea-read-only.png
editable
http://www.nabble.com/file/p23160955/textarea-editable.png

please  tell me how to resolve this

tinymce settings for readonly
		TinyMCESettings tinyMCESettings=  new TinyMCESettings(Theme.advanced);
		tinyMCESettings.addCustomSetting("readonly : true");
		tinyMCESettings.addCustomSetting("mode : textareas");

and generated html code
<script type="text/javascript" ><!--/*--><![CDATA[/*><!--*/
 tinyMCE.init({
	mode : "exact",
	elements : "tinymcecomments65",
	language : "en",
	theme : "advanced",
	readonly : true,
	mode : textareas });

i dont know if i can control   property mode ,by default tinymcesetting puts
value exact and if i dont put mode textareas i will get a editable textarea.