Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2018/10/02 14:16:36 UTC

Re: maven prerequisite clause giving complaint of improper use

The uima-wide parent-pom is already using the enforcer plugin for both maven
version and java version.

The prerequisites clause is still useful for some of our projects which **are**
maven plugin.  The Maven Model docs say:

In Maven 2, this was also specifying the minimum version of Maven required to
build a project,
but this usage is deprecated in Maven 3 and not checked any more...

By the way, I did see this use-is-deprecated message once, but now do not see
it...  not sure why not...

-Marshall

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
+1, I'll remove this from the uima-wide parent, and leave it to individual maven
plugin projects.

-Marshall

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.