Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Nicolas Hernandez <ni...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/12 14:36:48 UTC

Name Finder and chunker training format

Hi Everyone,

Looking at the the Name Finder and the chunker tool, I wonder why they
do not use the same training format?

For exemple, this

Mr. <START:person> Pierre Vinken <END> is chairman

may also be represented like this

Mr. NNP O
Pierre NNP B-person
Vinken NNP I-person
is VBZ O
chairman NN O

I have noted that the Name Finder API offers the possibility to custom
the feature generation to consider for the training, but both the Name
Finder and the chunker use the same implementation of the learning
algorithm don't they ?

/Nicolas

Re: Name Finder and chunker training format

Posted by Nicolas Hernandez <ni...@gmail.com>.
Ok thanks

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.