Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Gabriele Columbro <co...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/23 21:26:38 UTC

Osgi issue during mvn release:prepare (was: Re: Release 0.1.0)

Hey guys,
after merging to trunk, while performing the release I got blocked by:

[INFO] [bundle:bundle {execution: default-bundle}]
[WARNING] Warning building bundle
org.apache.chemistry.opencmis:chemistry-opencmis-commons-impl:bundle:
0.1.0-incubating : Did not find matching referal for com.sun.xml.ws.*
[WARNING] Warning building bundle
org.apache.chemistry.opencmis:chemistry-opencmis-commons-impl:bundle:
0.1.0-incubating : Did not find matching referal for
org.apache.commons.codec.*
[WARNING] Warning building bundle
org.apache.chemistry.opencmis:chemistry-opencmis-commons-impl:bundle:
0.1.0-incubating : Did not find matching referal for
org.apache.commons.logging.*
[ERROR] Error building bundle org.apache.chemistry.opencmis:chemistry-
opencmis-commons-impl:bundle:0.1.0-incubating : The default package
'.' is not permitted by the Import-Package syntax.
  This can be caused by compile errors in Eclipse because Eclipse
creates
valid class files regardless of compile errors.
The following package(s) import from the default package
[org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.commons.impl]
[ERROR] Error(s) found in bundle configuration
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error(s) found in bundle configuration

It was during a forked 'mvn install' from the root project (ran by mvn
release:prepare) after that the release plugin changed the versions to
the release version. Is this something I'm having just locally? Do I
have to run any specific goal first? In this latter case, can we bind
it to a specific early phase in the build?

Can you have a look at this (i'm not really familiar with the felix
plugin)?

Thanks,
Gab

Re: Osgi issue during mvn release:prepare (was: Re: Release 0.1.0)

Posted by Gabriele Columbro <co...@gmail.com>.
Hey Stephan,

On Jun 24, 2010, at 5:33 PM, Klevenz, Stephan wrote:

> I have checked 'mvn release:prepare' and this works fine for me. Are
> you using Maven3 maybe?

Actually not,  see below:

zion:~ mindthegab$ mvn --version
Apache Maven 2.2.1 (r801777; 2009-08-07 05:16:01+1000)
Java version: 1.6.0_20
Java home: /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: MacRoman
OS name: "mac os x" version: "10.5.8" arch: "x86_64" Family: "mac"

But as mentioned, issues seem not be reproducible (and Hudson did not
complain). Weirdo, maybe it's just a matter of not doing late night
releases :)

Ciao!
Gab

Posted by Gabriele Columbro <co...@gmail.com>.
Hey guys,
this seemed to be a transient issue...not able to reproduce it :)

Release is undergoing, if all goes well I should be able to send the
call for vote very soon.

HTH,
ciao!

Gab

Posted by Florian Müller <mu...@gotux.de>.
Hi Gab,

I cannot reproduce this error. 'mvn install' works for me.
Unfortunately, I don't know much about the felix plugin either.

- Florian

Posted by Jens Hübel <jh...@opentext.com>.
If this is a blocker that we don't know how to resolve quickly I suggest to remove the OSGI integration again and postpone to 0.2.

Jens