Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM> on 2006/03/21 21:47:30 UTC

Testing with Oracle

Javadogs,

I'd like to be sure we know how to configure a JPOX TCK run for
Oracle. Has anyone done this?

The only issue I know of is that Oracle doesn't support IDENTITY
columns for datastore identity. I'd consider changing the run rules
to allow either IDENTITY or SEQUENCE to be used, but I don't know the
details on how to configure the .orm file for datastore identity when
using SEQUENCE.

I understand that JPOX made some changes to be able to support NATIVE
for both Derby and Oracle; can you tell me what the status of this
change is?

Thanks,

Craig

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: Testing with Oracle

Posted by Erik Bengtson <er...@jpox.org>.
Hi,

I have not. If someone validates the schema against Oracle, I would run tck
against JPOX and report issues.