Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Deepak Jagtap <de...@maxta.com> on 2012/05/17 01:39:00 UTC

Exceeded deadline by 16ms

Hi All,

I am using Zookeeper 3.4.3 sever and my setup is as follows:

I have a Quorum of 3 Zookeepers servers (installed on 3 virtual machines)
on my laptop.
Then I start 12 Zookeeper client processes on the same machine which start
updates on Zookeeper database.
After running test for a while, sometimes some of the client process got
disconnected from Zookeeper sever with following error:
*Exceeded deadline by 16ms* and then says session timeout.
Client connects with timeout value of 10000ms.

Zookeeper server configuration is as follows:
tickTime=2000
initLimit=10
syncLimit=5
dataDir=/tmp/zookeeper
clientPort=2181
server.1=192.168.1.234:2888:3888
server.2=192.168.1.235:2888:3888
server.3=192.168.1.236:2888:3888

Does anybody facing similar problem? Please let me know if there anythin
wrong wit configuration.

Thanks & Regards,
Deepak

Re: Exceeded deadline by 16ms

Posted by 李赫元 <li...@gmail.com>.
As said by @phunt, the exceed deadline is client's warning.
It's different from SESSION_TIMEOUT, which require re-init handle and
reset all watcher.
The server may be a little overload.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
NP, good luck.