Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/08 00:13:23 UTC

Re: Tapestry5 and eclipse

Use the project layout suggested on the Tapestry web site.
Importantly, have a src/main/webapp folder, a WEB-INF sub-folder, a
web.xml in the WEB-INF ... but do not have WEB-INF/classes or
WEB-INF/lib  (that's just for packaged, deployed apps).  Ideally, use
the Maven plugin to manage your dependencies (and keep them well out
of the way).

Use a minimal Eclipse plugin that DOES NOT deploy the web app, but
runs it directly against the workspace.

I use RunJettyRun.

That's it. You're being choked by too-complicated tools, like all the
horrible Eclipse tooling.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry