Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org> on 2004/12/14 17:27:41 UTC

Why did Commons Resources fail?

The Commons Resources build appears to have failed spontaneously. I've
looked at the Gump logs, and am confused as to what happened. The log says
it ran 'maven --offline jar', which works just fine when I run it. The
tests appear to have failed, but I can't see why that would be the case.

Odd things I noticed in the log:

Current State: Failed
Previous State: 2

What does "2" mean? Should that be "Success" or something more meaningful?

There's an annotation that says:

Info   Failed to extract fallback artifacts from Gump Repository

I don't know what this means. It sounds bad, but it's listed as Info. Does
this have anything to do with the failure?

Sorry for being dense. ;-( Any help much appreciated.

--
Martin Cooper

Re: Why did Commons Resources fail?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> The Commons Resources build appears to have failed
> spontaneously. I've looked at the Gump logs, and am confused as to
> what happened. The log says it ran 'maven --offline jar', which
> works just fine when I run it. The tests appear to have failed, but
> I can't see why that would be the case.

I've zipped up the latest test reports, they may help you
<http://brutus.apache.org/~bodewig/resources.zip>.

Looks like this one, which also is causing trouble in the FOP builds.
So far I've failed to understand what is going on:

Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid class loader hierarchy.  You have more than one version of 'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed. (Caused by org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid class loader hierarchy.  You have more than one version of 'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed.) (Caused by org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid class loader hierarchy.  You have more than one version of 'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed. (Caused by org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid class loader hierarchy.  You have more than one version of 'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed.))
        at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:554)
        at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:235)
        at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:209)
        at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:408)
        at org.apache.commons.resources.impl.JDBCResources.<clinit>(JDBCResources.java:86)
        ... 41 more

Stefan