Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by bob pilly <bo...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2002/12/02 12:23:25 UTC

[users@httpd] Failed libphp4.so module

Hello all

Im trying to load php 4.2.3 as a dynamic module into
apache server 2.0.43 but am running into problems.
Everytime i run the configtest or try and start the
apache server i get the following error.

Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.so into server:
/usr/lib/apache/libphp4.so: undefined symbol:
ap_block_alarms

I have spent some time trying to find a solution to
this problem and have seen on the help pages of
php.net that it is to do with the apache DSO sharing.
I followed the suggestion and recompiled apache with
the --enable-shared=max --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE but
this still doesnt make any difference. I have searched
the archives as well and cant see anything relevant to
my problem.Has anyone else
out there seen this problem and maybe know how to fix
it?
Thanks for any help in advance!!

http://uk.my.yahoo.com

Re: [users@httpd] Failed libphp4.so module

Posted by pi...@goldfisch.at.
really had a lot problems compiling mod_php under apache2.  I finally
downloaded php4.3RC2 a few days ago and it seems to work fine.

peter

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 11:23:25AM +0000, bob pilly wrote:
> Hello all
>
> Im trying to load php 4.2.3 as a dynamic module into
> apache server 2.0.43 but am running into problems.
> Everytime i run the configtest or try and start the
> apache server i get the following error.
>
> Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.so into server:
> /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.so: undefined symbol:
> ap_block_alarms
>
> I have spent some time trying to find a solution to
> this problem and have seen on the help pages of
> php.net that it is to do with the apache DSO sharing.
> I followed the suggestion and recompiled apache with
> the --enable-shared=max --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE but
> this still doesnt make any difference. I have searched
> the archives as well and cant see anything relevant to
> my problem.Has anyone else
> out there seen this problem and maybe know how to fix
> it?
> Thanks for any help in advance!!

> http://uk.my.yahoo.com

mag. peter pilsl