Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by John D Groenveld <jd...@elvis.arl.psu.edu> on 2001/10/15 17:30:33 UTC

Re: Problems compiling libapreq C libs on solaris 7....

In message <20...@rand.tgd.net>, Sean Chittenden writes:
>*) Solaris 7
>*) libtool 1.4.2
>*) automake 1.4-p5
>*) autoconf 2.50
>
>./configure works, but when I type make, I get the following error:

perl Makefile.PL and make, per the INSTALL file work for me.

You don't need libtool, automake, autconf unless you're developing
GNU auto-configuring source packages; they're not needed to build
packages from source.
John
groenveld@acm.org

Re: Problems compiling libapreq C libs on solaris 7....

Posted by darren chamberlain <dl...@users.sourceforge.net>.
Sean Chittenden <se...@chittenden.org> said something to this effect on 10/15/2001:
> I'm interested in the C routines, not the perl routines (have them
> working and know how to get them to work ::grin::).  I can do a perl
> Makefile.pl && make and the build works fine, but like I said, I'm
> interested in the C routines as well as the perl ones or are the C
> routines largely a myth?  Thanks.  -sc

I tried this:

$./configure --with-apache-includes=/usr/local/apache/include
$ make
cd . && aclocal
cd . && automake --foreign Makefile
automake: configure.in: required file `./missing' not found
make: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1
$ ls -lo ./missing
lrwxrwxrwx    1 darren   33 Jun 20 07:24 missing -> /usr/local/share/automake/missing
$ ls -lo /usr/local/share/automake/missing
ls: /usr/local/share/automake/missing: No such file or directory
$ ls -lo /usr/share/automake/missing
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     6283 Mar 11  2000 /usr/share/automake/missing
$ rm missing
$ ln -s /usr/share/automake/missing missing
$ make

and it worked just fine.  Your automake might be somewhere else.

(darren)

--
People who sacrifice beauty for efficiency get what they deserve.
    -- Tom Robbins

Re: Problems compiling libapreq C libs on solaris 7....

Posted by Sean Chittenden <se...@chittenden.org>.
> >*) Solaris 7
> >*) libtool 1.4.2
> >*) automake 1.4-p5
> >*) autoconf 2.50
> >
> >./configure works, but when I type make, I get the following error:
>
> perl Makefile.PL and make, per the INSTALL file work for me.

I'm interested in the C routines, not the perl routines (have them
working and know how to get them to work ::grin::).  I can do a perl
Makefile.pl && make and the build works fine, but like I said, I'm
interested in the C routines as well as the perl ones or are the C
routines largely a myth?  Thanks.  -sc

	PS Is there a prefix directive for the Makefile.PL that'll let
me change the installation directory (don't want to toss this into the
main perl tree).

--
Sean Chittenden