Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andrew Gaydenko <a...@gaydenko.com> on 2009/12/03 19:13:39 UTC

how to make reactor greedy?

Hi!

Say, I have top pom (packaging pom) with two modules - B and C (both jar
packaging). B is self-containd, C depends on B. After istalling and then
modifying B source code (probably breaking C at all) I have not found a way
to recompile C except for cleaning or touching it.

What is a proper way?

Andrew

//-------------------

~$ mvn -v
Apache Maven 2.2.1 (rdebian-1)
Java version: 1.6.0_15
Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.15/jre
OS name: "linux" version: "2.6.31-9-rt" arch: "amd64" Family: "unix"

Re: how to make reactor greedy?

Posted by Andrew Gaydenko <a...@gaydenko.com>.
On Friday 04 December 2009 13:50:46 Baptiste MATHUS wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could you rephrase your need? Not sure to understand.
>
> Just a guess, wouldn't the mvn -amd or -am option fit your need?
>
> Cheers

Hi!

There are modules B (self-contained) and C (depends on B). Let's do clean and
install. Now change some source file in B (probably breaking C). Of course, to
keep local repository in consistent state, I'd want C to be recompiled also.

I have tried reactor at both directions (-am and -amd) - at any case I get
"Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date" for C. B is recompiled only.
So, reactor ignores the fact C depends on B and, after B changing, C is
(potentially) also broken.

The only way I have found to force C recompiling - to directly clean it, or to
touch source files in it.

Andrew

Re: how to make reactor greedy?

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
Hi,

2009/12/3 Andrew Gaydenko <a...@gaydenko.com>

> Hi!
>
> Say, I have top pom (packaging pom) with two modules - B and C (both jar
> packaging). B is self-containd, C depends on B. After istalling and then
> modifying B source code (probably breaking C at all) I have not found a way
> to recompile C except for cleaning or touching it.
>
> What is a proper way?
>

> Andrew

> ~$ mvn -v
> Apache Maven 2.2.1 (rdebian-1)
> Java version: 1.6.0_15
> Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.15/jre
> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: UTF-8
> OS name: "linux" version: "2.6.31-9-rt" arch: "amd64" Family: "unix"

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !