Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Alex L." <al...@firstnetsecurity.com> on 2004/02/12 18:42:38 UTC

Problems getting Tomcat 5.0.18 to work with IIS 5

I'm having some issues gettin tomcat 5.0.18 to work with win2k IIS 5.  I've
followed the guides online and have everything apparently set up.  Tomcat
works, IIS works, but IIS refuses to load .jsp files as if it can't find
them.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Here is my setup:
Tomcat installation Dir: C:\Program Files\Tomcat 5.0\

JK2.properties file
------------------------
## THIS FILE MAY BE OVERRIDEN AT RUNTIME. MAKE SURE TOMCAT IS STOPED
## WHEN YOU EDIT THE FILE.

## COMMENTS WILL BE _LOST_

## DOCUMENTATION OF THE FORMAT IN JkMain javadoc.

# Set the desired handler list
# handler.list=apr,request,channelJni
#
# Override the default port for the socketChannel
# channelSocket.port=8019
# Default:
# channelUnix.file=${jkHome}/work/jk2.socket
# Just to check if the the config  is working
# shm.file=${jkHome}/work/jk2.shm

# In order to enable jni use any channelJni directive
# channelJni.disabled = 0
# And one of the following directives:

# apr.jniModeSo=/opt/apache2/modules/mod_jk2.so

# If set to inprocess the mod_jk2 will Register natives itself
# This will enable the starting of the Tomcat from mod_jk2
# apr.jniModeSo=inprocess

Workers2.properties file
---------------------------------
[shm:]
info=Shared memory file. Required for multiprocess servers
file="D:\Program Files\tomcat 5.0\work\jk2.shm"
size=1048576

[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
info=Ajp13 worker, connects to tomcat instance using AJP 1.3 protocol
tomcatId=localhost:8009

[uri:/*.jsp]
info=All JSP
context=/

[uri:/jsp-examples/*]
info=JSP examples, map requests for all JSP pages to Tomcat.
context=/jsp-examples

[uri:/servlets-examples/*]
info=Servlet examples, map requests for all servlets to Tomcat.
context=/servlets-examples
---------------------

ISAPI File:
----------------
isapi_redirector2.dll in C:\Program Files\Tomcat 5.0\bin\win32\i386

IIS has isapi file loaded for default website and its a green arrow up with
High settings.

Registry file:
-------------------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi
Redirector\2.0]
"workersFile"="c:\\Program Files\\tomcat 5.0\\conf\\workers2.properties"
"extensionUri"="/jakarta/isapi_redirector2.dll"
"logLevel"="debug"
"serverRoot"="c:\\Program Files\\tomcat 5.0\\"

http://localhost:8080/jsp-examples/   works and loads jsp files
http://localhost/jsp-examples/            doesn't work
http://localhost/jakarta/jsp-examples/ doesn't work.

Re: Problems getting Tomcat 5.0.18 to work with IIS 5

Posted by Daniel Schmitt <da...@shiftomat.de>.
Can't find an error so far, but

Alex L. wrote:

> Workers2.properties file
> ---------------------------------
> [shm:]
> info=Shared memory file. Required for multiprocess servers
> file="D:\Program Files\tomcat 5.0\work\jk2.shm"
> size=1048576

In my setup file path is without quotation marks.
Any Messages in your win32 Event Viewer Application log?

--
Daniel Schmitt
http://www.shiftomat.com

RE: Problems compiling new .jsp's with tomcat

Posted by Bill Haake <ha...@logicalimages.com>.
>From the name of your classpath, I would guess you have the JRE installed.
To compile you need the SDK.

Posted by "Alex L." <al...@firstnetsecurity.com>.
I keep getting:

No Java compiler was found to compile the generated source for the JSP. This
can usually be solved by copying manually $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar from the
JDK to the common/lib directory of the Tomcat server, followed by a Tomcat
restart.
If using an alternate Java compiler, please check its installation and
access path.

When ever I try to execute a test.jsp file.
Hello! The time is now <%= new java.util.Date() %>

I have my PATH and CLASSPATH for both user and system to
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03;C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03/bin

and
JAVA_HOME to
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03

No tools.jar on windows.

Alex

Posted by David Ramsey <da...@yahoo.com>.
Is Tomcat running as a service? Is that service running as a user that
has that path and environmental settings the same as you do? Can you
start Tomcat manually and access your jsp using something like?
http://localhost:8080/mywebapp/myjsppage.jsp

Posted by Michael Südkamp <mi...@docware.de>.
Do you have a JDK installed? A JRE would be not enough.

Michael

Posted by Michael Südkamp <mi...@docware.de>.

Posted by Phil Cox <ph...@systemexperts.com>.
I am trying to get this running as well. Does Tomcat and IIS have to be
installed on the same box?

Phil