Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Greg Sterijevski <gs...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/23 20:45:10 UTC

[math] EigenDecompositionImpl

Hello All,

Since math gives eigendecomposition for symmetrics, why even allocate the
array imagEigenvalues ?
What am I missing?

Thanks,

-Greg

Re: [math] EigenDecompositionImpl

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.
Le 24/08/2011 00:59, Greg Sterijevski a écrit :
> Should I open a ticket, or do you want to handle this?

Please open a ticket.
For the moment, I am busy in other parts (integration, geometry and ODE)
and don't fiddle with linear algebra.

Luc

Posted by Greg Sterijevski <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.

Posted by Greg Sterijevski <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.
Le 23/08/2011 20:45, Greg Sterijevski a écrit :
> Hello All,
>
> Since math gives eigendecomposition for symmetrics, why even allocate the
> array imagEigenvalues ?
> What am I missing?

For now, we are limited to symmetric matrices because we did not
implement anything else. However, we did prepare the interface for this,
so we have to implement the getImageEigenValues method, and hence we
need an array.

Luc