Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kevin McNamee <ke...@symsoft.se> on 2005/10/17 17:58:41 UTC

[m2] xdoclet help

Hi again,

I am trying to get the xdoclet-plugin to work for Maven 2. Using the example
from:

http://mojo.codehaus.org/xdoclet-maven-plugin/usage.html

I get the following

> m2 compile

[INFO] Scanning for projects...

[INFO]

[INFO] Building Nobill Boot

[INFO]    task-segment: [compile]

[INFO]

[INFO]

[ERROR] FATAL ERROR

[INFO]

[INFO] null

[INFO]

[INFO] Trace

java.lang.AbstractMethodError

        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.ComponentValueSetter.c
onfigure(ComponentValueSetter.java:247)

        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.composite.ObjectWithFi
eldsConverter.processConfiguration(ObjectWithFieldsConverter.java:137)

        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.BasicComponentConfigurator.config
ureComponent(BasicComponentConfigurator.java:56)

        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.populatePluginFields(DefaultPlu
ginManager.java:1038)

        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.getConfiguredMojo(DefaultPlugin
Manager.java:563)

        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManage
r.java:377)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLife
cycleExecutor.java:519)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:469)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifec
ycleExecutor.java:448)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFail
ures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:301)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:268)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycle
Executor.java:137)

        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:316)

        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:113)

        at
)

        at
.java:25)

        at

        at

[INFO]

[INFO] Total time: 11 seconds

[INFO] Finished at: Mon Oct 17 17:54:10 MEST 2005

[INFO] Final Memory: 2M/7M

[INFO]

My pom.xml looks like

<dependencies>

    <dependency>

      <groupId>junit</groupId>

      <artifactId>junit</artifactId>

      <version>3.8.1</version>

      <scope>test</scope>

    </dependency>

    <dependency>

      <groupId>log4j</groupId>

      <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>

      <version>1.2.8</version>

    </dependency>

   <!-- <dependency>

      <groupId>jboss</groupId>

      <artifactId>jboss</artifactId>

      <version>4.0.2</version>

    </dependency>-->

    <dependency>

      <groupId>jboss</groupId>

      <artifactId>jboss-j2ee</artifactId>

      <version>4.0.2</version>

    </dependency>

    <dependency>

      <groupId>jboss</groupId>

      <artifactId>jboss-system</artifactId>

      <version>4.0.2</version>

    </dependency>

    <dependency>

      <groupId>jboss</groupId>

      <artifactId>jboss-common-jdbc-wrapper</artifactId>

      <version>4.0.2</version>

    </dependency>

    <dependency>

      <groupId>oracle</groupId>

      <artifactId>oracle-jdbc</artifactId>

      <version>1.4</version>

    </dependency>

    <dependency>

      <groupId>xdoclet</groupId>

      <artifactId>xdoclet-jboss-module</artifactId>

      <version>1.2</version>

    </dependency>

    <dependency>

      <groupId>xdoclet</groupId>

      <artifactId>xjavadoc</artifactId>

      <version>1.0.2</version>

    </dependency>

  <build>

    <plugins>

<plugin>

  <artifactId>xdoclet-maven-plugin</artifactId>

  <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>

  <version>1.0-alpha-1</version>

  <executions>

    <execution>

      <phase>generate-sources</phase>

      <goals>

        <goal>xdoclet</goal>

      </goals>

      <configuration>

        <tasks>

          <!-- example : -->

          <ejbdoclet destdir="${project.build.outputDirectory}">

            <fileset dir="${basedir}/src/main/java"
includes="**/*Bean.java"/>

            <entitycmp destDir="${project.build.outputDirectory}"/>

            <deploymentdescriptor

              destDir="${project.build.outputDirectory}/META-INF"

            />

          </ejbdoclet>

        </tasks>

      </configuration>

    </execution>

  </executions>

</plugin>

    </plugins>

  </build>

Any help appreciated,
Kevin

Re: [m2] xdoclet help

Posted by Philippe HUET <ph...@huet.net>.
Kevin,

I found a workaround for this problem by changing all references to
2.0-beta-1 to 2.0 in pom xdoclet-maven-plugin-1.0-alpha-1.pom in my
repository.
Not sure that it's the cleanest solution, but it work for me. The public
svn repository for xdoclet-maven-plugin is inaccessible so I can't
rebuild the plugin.

Philippe HUET