Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Hugo Da Cruz Louro <hl...@hortonworks.com> on 2016/05/12 19:56:06 UTC

STORM JIRA being spammed - CANNOT comment on JIRA (as a result of the counter spam measures)

Hi,

I understand that there is a wave of spam going on, but the measure that was taken, which limits active contributors to comment on JIRA is not very practical. I have several open JIRA issues that I am working on, or that I am interested in contributing to, that I cannot comment on right now.

Can I get my access back, please.

GitHub: hmcl
Apache JIRA Id: hmclouro

Thanks,
Hugo

Re: STORM JIRA being spammed - CANNOT comment on JIRA (as a result of the counter spam measures)

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
Everyone who requested access in this thread has been added.

-Taylor

Posted by Vi Yuan <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Satish Duggana <sd...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Xin Wang <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
It’s an ASF requirement that all discussions, etc., particularly where decision making happens, are archived on ASF hardware. Github is not on ASF hardware, so mirroring comments to ASF JIRA helps satisfy that requirement, and also allows us to use github.

In particular, we need an audit trail around how code enters the codebase — tracking +1s from committers, etc. are a big part of that.

There are some experiments underway that could greatly improve the way we’re allowed to use github at the ASF. Hopefully those will work out well.

-Taylor

Posted by Harsha <st...@harsha.io>.
Erik,
        If we stop adding comments to JIRA there is no central place to
        look at the JIRA and patch history. One has to go to github and
        figure out the closed PR and see the history of the patch. Today
        if I go to jira I can see all the comments and patch link as
        well. At least for us this is helpful to look at what went
        though the patch when a user hits a similar issue.
Thanks,
Harsha

Posted by Erik Weathers <ew...@groupon.com.INVALID>.

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Abhishek Agarwal <ab...@gmail.com>.
@Taylor - Looks like it didn't work. I don't see github comments getting
published to the JIRA.  Example
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-1755
https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/1386#issuecomment-217697370 (This
didn't get published to the JIRA)

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 9:42 PM, P. Taylor Goetz <pt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I added ASF Github Bot to the list of contributors. Hopefully that will
> fix the issue.
>
> On May 13, 2016, at 12:10 PM, P. Taylor Goetz <pt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On May 13, 2016, at 4:11 AM, Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Now github comments are not automatically posted to JIRA, which is less
> duplicate and more quiet.
>

> I think this is due to the spam countermeasures, let me see if I can fix
> this. This is something we want, since we also want to capture comments,
> especially +1s from committers.
>
> -Taylor

Abhishek Agarwal

Re: STORM JIRA being spammed - CANNOT comment on JIRA (as a result of the counter spam measures)

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.
Now github comments are not automatically posted to JIRA, which is less
duplicate and more quiet.

I would like to initiate some forgotten discussions on project, will send
new mail.

2016년 5월 13일 (금) 오후 5:03, Abhishek Agarwal <ab...@gmail.com>님이 작성:

Posted by Abhishek Agarwal <ab...@gmail.com>.
Please add me the contributor list: abhishek.agarwal

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 10:41 AM, P. Taylor Goetz <pt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You guys should be good for now (if not, say so).
>
> -Taylor
>

> > On May 12, 2016, at 11:57 PM, Arun Iyer <ai...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> >
> > Please add me to committer list. id: arunmahadevan
> >

> > On 5/13/16, 9:19 AM, "Arun Iyer" <ai...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Right now not able to comment or create JIRAs. Please add me too.

> version

> admin

> <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>

> there
> either.

> not
> on,

Abhishek Agarwal

Re: STORM JIRA being spammed - CANNOT comment on JIRA (as a result of the counter spam measures)

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arun Iyer <ai...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Arun Iyer <ai...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.