Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by James <jl...@inebraska.com> on 2013/11/19 18:26:09 UTC

The Search Term Text Box

Sir:
I need help. I cannot find the Search Term Text box in Open office help.

Exactly where do I find this. I have tried the binocular icon and all it finds in text in documents.
I am tired of sending questions and never getting any answer. I am about fed up with this whole deal!

James Lambert

Re: The Search Term Text Box a note for James

Posted by Samuel Ogle <sa...@centurylink.net>.
Hi James,
	I am so not certain I am able to be of help you with this except: The attached screen shot is the result of my search of OO Help selecting the Index tab, then entering the term docking toolbar. I do hope you will have a positive resolution. Oh, and the attached screenshot appears at the bottom of this message, on my screen, anyway.
Sam

Re: The Search Term Text Box

Posted by The Morses <dm...@blackpalace.com>.
On 11/19/2013 11:01 AM, James wrote:
> I have done as this suggests and have gotten nowhere. It searches text in documents  that  I have not created.
> I have docked the toolbar and all I want to do is un-dock the toolbar. I have even removed open office from my computer and re-installed it with no  results. the tool bar is still docked and un usable. I once saw a way to  reduce the space between lines and I cannot find it again.
> HELP
> James Lambert

OK,

you've given me some real confusing information here.

however.

bottom line.  to adjust space between lines, FORMAT > PARAGRAPH >
INDENTS & SPACING  should allow you to adjust the spacing you're after.

Re: The Search Term Text Box

Posted by mt <mt...@lockedbags.org>.
Not sure I understand correctly, so please forgive me if the
following isn't going to help -

I have a feeling there might be a misunderstanding as to which
"search box" you would like to use.

If you would like to search OpenOffice's help files, then you'd
need to go to the Help menu (top right) and select "OpenOffice
Help" (second item from top). The "Search" box that comes up at
the top when opening the Help menu is a "Spotlight search"
window, and belongs to the Mac operating system - really no use
for OO, but that's Apple's responsibility... :-)

If instead you wish to search your OpenOffice document, then
you'd go to the "Edit" menu and click on Find & Replace...

I have been assuming you are using OO on a Macintosh computer.

marina

Re: The Search Term Text Box

Re: The Search Term Text Box

Posted by The Morses <dm...@blackpalace.com>.