Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/10 15:50:26 UTC

hdfs disk usage

Hi Guys,

I have setup a 6 node cluster using hadoop 2.6 out of which 4 are data
nodes.

Each datanode disk is 200GB (so total storage size of 800 GB)

But when started, configured dfs storage was only 200GB.

There are no extra mounted disks or additional directories configured for
each mount.

Can someone help me on how do i use all available 800GB from 4 data nodes
as hdfs?

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: hdfs disk usage

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nataraj,

Thanks for reply but as I mentioned each datanode has a single directory
and it has only one data directory configured
so still need to find why the non dfs usage just abrubtly calculated to 90%
and then on restart it went down

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: hdfs disk usage