Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Heck, Bob" <bo...@eds.com> on 2007/10/17 19:12:40 UTC

Information Please...OK pretty please

I am trying to grasp T5 and I am having considerable difficulty getting
some high-level concepts and example code.   It seems that information
is scattered in bits and pieces.  I have looked at all the examples on
tapestry.apache.org and wiki.apache.org/tapestry and have not found what
I am looking for.

1.  Is there anywhere I can get a comprehensive reference to all the
available annotations in T5 and their proper use?  I mean without
scanning all of the current docs and sporadically running across
references to annotations.
2.  I have been looking for detailed examples of using the Grid
component, but all I can find are scant examples that really don't
demonstrate how to use the sub-components GridCell, etc...  Can someone
point me in the right direction?
3.  Any other references to documentation would be appreciated.

Re: Information Please...OK pretty please

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@scazdl.org>.
On Oct 17, 2007, at 10/1712:12 PM , Heck, Bob wrote:

> I am trying to grasp T5 and I am having considerable difficulty
> getting
> some high-level concepts and example code.   It seems that information
> is scattered in bits and pieces.  I have looked at all the examples on
> tapestry.apache.org and wiki.apache.org/tapestry and have not found
> what
> I am looking for.
>
> 1.  Is there anywhere I can get a comprehensive reference to all the
> available annotations in T5 and their proper use?  I mean without
> scanning all of the current docs and sporadically running across
> references to annotations.

How about the javadocs?
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry/
annotations/package-frame.html

> 2.  I have been looking for detailed examples of using the Grid
> component, but all I can find are scant examples that really don't
> demonstrate how to use the sub-components GridCell, etc...  Can
> someone
> point me in the right direction?

For a large chunk of use-cases, you don't need the sub-components.
Generally, you can do something like:

have something like:

public List getGridSource() {
    return ...;
}

And that will generate your basic grid.

It would probably be better if you explained your particular use-case.

> 3.  Any other references to documentation would be appreciated.

Another useful source of "documentation" is the screencasts (although
they're a trifle out of date; they still provide a great overview of
the concepts underlying the framework).

Cheers,

Robert

Re: Information Please...OK pretty please

Posted by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com>.
1.
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry/annotations/package-summary.html

Posted by lasitha <la...@gmail.com>.
On 10/17/07, Heck, Bob <bo...@eds.com> wrote:
> I am trying to grasp T5 and I am having considerable difficulty getting
> some high-level concepts and example code.
>
> 3.  Any other references to documentation would be appreciated.

In addition to other posted recommendations, T5 ships with some
example apps that are worth looking over:
http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapestry5CheckOutTheSourceCode

Cheers, lasitha.