Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by William Barber <wb...@lanl.gov> on 2003/08/05 00:23:41 UTC

How to map mime-extentions to mime-types in an Tomcat/Axis service

Greetings,

I sent this query to the Axis user list last week, but never received any
replys. Perhaps it was the wrong list. Hopefully someone on the Tomcat list will
know the answer?

 I've written an Axis client/service pair that uses "soapConnection.call()" to
send SOAP attachments to the service, along with parameters specifying input and
output mime-extensions. The client will not know the actual mime-type of the
response attachment that the server will return after converting the request
file.

The service end is not a servlet, but just a SOAP service.
The service needs to map the request mime-extensions to mime-types according to
<mime-mapping> elements in the Axis web.xml file.

The only call I can find in any docs that does this mapping is the
Context.findMimeMapping(String extension) call.

But its not clear to me how the service end can get a reference to the
appropriate Context so it can make this mapping call. Can someone point me to
the correct methods? Or if I'm just on the wrong path here, point me in a better
direction?

Many thanks! Bill

Bill Barber
Scientific Software Group (CCN-12)