Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org> on 2002/07/26 15:22:58 UTC

live latest version of the forrest website

Dear all,

I set up an Alias directive on outerthought.net pointing to the local
build directory of the new forrestbot.

We now have two hourly static versions of the site:

* http://www.krysalis.org/forrest/ using the old forrestbot by Nicola
and scp for file transfer
* http://outerthought.net/forrest/ using the new bot by Marc, local
deployment through a simple file copy and scp to Krysalis

The old bot runs on 0:00,2:00,4:00 etc hours, the new one alternatingly
on the hour. The new one also updates the Krysalis site using scp, so
this one remains updated every hour.

Soon, I will have the main page of outerthought.net deployed using the
new forrestbot - we'll need to install external skin support for that.

Remaining challenge is of course regular automated publication of our
reference Apache presence at http://xml.apache.org/forrest/, but as long
as the only officially endorsed update mechanism for that is CVS upload,
we'll have to live with our two guerilla sites :-)

Given some testing, and because Marc plans to refactor the main
build.xml anyhow, I suppose we will move away from the old bot RSN -
anyone hard feelings?

ps: now that Marc will be able to commit his stuff himself, I'll be able
to work more on the DTDs again :-)

</Steven>

Re: live latest version of the forrest website

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Steven Noels wrote:
>> anyone hard feelings?
>
> I love my girlfriend :-)
 >
> I'm going on vacation tomorrow, and will be away for a week.
> After that I'm still on vacation from paid work but at home, eager to
> hack like crazy :-)
>
> Beware, if I don't find the new XHTML-friendly DTDs when I come back I
> will be very mad ;-)

Oh-oh, already full of hormones apparently.

/msg to Girlfriend: take cover!

Enjoy your holidays, private Nicola - I'll reserve the corridor for you
to clean up afterwards. A new toothbrush will be waiting for you :-)

Posted by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org>.
> > ps: now that Marc will be able to commit his stuff himself,
> I'll be able
> > to work more on the DTDs again :-)
>
> :-D
>
> I'm going on vacation tomorrow, and will be away for a week.
> After that I'm still on vacation from paid work but at home, eager to
> hack like crazy :-)
>
> Beware, if I don't find the new XHTML-friendly DTDs when I come back I
> will be very mad ;-)

a little bit of madness is good...
as long as you don't forget to bring your toothbrush home :-)

and thx for (speachless)

-marc=

Re: live latest version of the forrest website

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Steven Noels wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I set up an Alias directive on outerthought.net pointing to the local
> build directory of the new forrestbot.
>
> We now have two hourly static versions of the site:
>
> * http://www.krysalis.org/forrest/ using the old forrestbot by Nicola
> and scp for file transfer
> * http://outerthought.net/forrest/ using the new bot by Marc, local
> deployment through a simple file copy and scp to Krysalis
>
> The old bot runs on 0:00,2:00,4:00 etc hours, the new one alternatingly
> on the hour. The new one also updates the Krysalis site using scp, so
> this one remains updated every hour.
>
> Soon, I will have the main page of outerthought.net deployed using the
> new forrestbot - we'll need to install external skin support for that.
>
> Remaining challenge is of course regular automated publication of our
> reference Apache presence at http://xml.apache.org/forrest/, but as long
> as the only officially endorsed update mechanism for that is CVS upload,
> we'll have to live with our two guerilla sites :-)
>
> Given some testing, and because Marc plans to refactor the main
> build.xml anyhow, I suppose we will move away from the old bot RSN

Cool :-)

> anyone hard feelings?

I love my girlfriend :-)

> ps: now that Marc will be able to commit his stuff himself, I'll be able
> to work more on the DTDs again :-)

:-D

I'm going on vacation tomorrow, and will be away for a week.
After that I'm still on vacation from paid work but at home, eager to
hack like crazy :-)

Beware, if I don't find the new XHTML-friendly DTDs when I come back I
will be very mad ;-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -