Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Ryan Gies <ry...@livesite.net> on 2010/07/29 21:52:03 UTC

Apache2 modules available

I hardly think that RC is the right time, however I thought I would
speak up.  I have been sitting on three Apache2 modules which I suspect
are useful enough to be included in the mod_perl2 bundle.

Apache2::LogUtil -- Convenience routines for logging (+context info)

     my $log = Apache2::LogUtil->new();
     $log->set_request($r); # Use ErrorLog from VirtualHost (optional)
     $log->debug('Got here');

Apache2::Trace -- Trace the request cycle (debugging/learning tool)

     # Write a message to the log file for each phase
     PerlTransHandler +Apache2::Trace->http_phases

Apache2::Args -- Provides a case-insensitive table of query parameters

     my $args = Apache2::Args->new($r->args);

     Why do this? Because:

     1) It does not invoke request-input filters like
        Apache2::Request::params does.

     2) Apache2::URI::unescape_url is (was) broken.
        http://www.mail-archive.com/modperl@perl.apache.org/msg23558.html

My intentions are to post to CPAN.
If anyone wants more details, please let me know.

-Ryan

Re: Apache2 modules available

Posted by Fred Moyer <fr...@redhotpenguin.com>.
On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Ryan Gies <ry...@livesite.net> wrote:
>    2) Apache2::URI::unescape_url is (was) broken.
>       http://www.mail-archive.com/modperl@perl.apache.org/msg23558.html

It could be that unescape_url in httpd is at fault here since that is
the source of this function via XS.  I don't know if you want to go
dig around in the httpd source and have a look but here is where you
should look:

httpd/server/util.c

1551 static int unescape_url(char *url, const char *forbid, const char
*reserved)

Posted by Fred Moyer <fr...@redhotpenguin.com>.
You should put these up on CPAN so users can take them for a spin.