Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Ryan Bloom <rb...@redhat.com> on 2005/01/18 01:55:21 UTC

jk connector error on post.

I am trying to get Apache 1.3 and Tomcat 5.0.27 working together.  My site
basically works, but any POST request causes the following error with a
hex dump:

Jan 17, 2005 3:19:23 PM org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest invoke
SEVERE: Error decoding request
java.io.IOException
        at
org.apache.jk.common.JkInputStream.receive(JkInputStream.java:252)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.decodeRequest(HandlerRequest.java:500)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:352)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:743)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:675)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:866)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:683)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:567)

I have been unable to get Tomcat to give me more log messages.  The web
pages are very clear that jk2 is no longer in development, so I really
don't want to go to jk2.  but I am at a loss as to where to go from here.

Can anybody suggest a possible solution?

Thanks,

Ryan

Re: jk connector error on post.

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@redhat.com>.
I believe I have made some progress now.  It looks like this is a problem
with mod_perl and mod_jk interacting poorly.  I haven't investigated why
yet, but mod_perl is calling ap_should_client_block in the authentication
phase of Apache, which plays havoc with mod_jk's call in the handler.
Mod_jk is in the right here, and I'm 99.9% sure that mod_perl isn't making
the call, but rather our code is.  So, this is my problem.  Thanks to
everybody who helped.

Ryan

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
At 06:50 PM 1/18/2005, Ryan Bloom wrote:

>Actually, both 1.2.6 and 1.2.8 of mod_jk.  What do you mean re-piping body
>content?  I haven't forced http/1.0 yet, I was about to trace through
>Apache to find the problem.  My initial investigation looks like the
>problem is in Apache somewhere, looks like
>ap_setup_client_block/ap_should_client_block.

I'm sorry - totally missed the Apache 1.3 bit in your first
post (I was thinking 2.0 filtering issues.)  This also sort
of eliminates chunking as the issue.

Have some of my own efforts in Apache 1.3 at the moment,
if I see anything I'll follow up again.

Bill

Re: jk connector error on post.

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@redhat.com>.