Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Étienne Borel <et...@ubisoft.com> on 2013/01/17 22:45:15 UTC

Which version to choose => 0.8 or 0.72

Hy  all,

We're starting to play with Kafka for an ambitious project which may be in production within the next 6 months.

Kafka 0.8 is very promising and answers quite all our needs, the point is that we really want to go with 0.8, but should we consider that a stable version is only a question of weeks or months  or the only safe way is to go with  Kafka 0.7 ?

Moreover, we noticed that most of the ecosystem projects, such as Hadoop Loader or Camus, are currently only built for Kafka 0.7, I've the feeling that working with 0.8 right now is quite cutting hedge ...

Could you share your opinion on that ??

Thanks A lot,

Re: Which version to choose => 0.8 or 0.72

Posted by Eric Tschetter <ch...@metamarkets.com>.
No, no trick question, I'm just excited to have maven artifacts.

We'll finally be able to get rid of our forked version (both internally and
in Druid) that I haven't been able to get away from because I apparently
fail at making sbt do things ;).

--Eric

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eric Tschetter <ch...@metamarkets.com>.