Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mansour <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2007/11/19 21:36:10 UTC

What is COB-INF?

In Cocoon 2.2 the generate block contains a folder called COB-INF which
I think stands for Cocoon Block, may be. However, what is this directory
and where can I configure it's name?

Why would the root of the block be /COB-INF when referring to it in the
sitemap <map:generate src="demo/welcome.xml"/>
Then in the /META-INF/cocoon/spring/demo-application-context.xml file it
becomes <bean id="demo" class="demo.MyBean" scope="singleton"> ?!!

I really don't understand this. I find it very confusing. Can someone
help here?

RE: What is COB-INF?

Posted by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za>.
Go to:
http://cocoon.apache.org/
Click on the left-hand menu where it says
"Committer's and contributor's section"
:-)

>>> dperez <cr...@yahoo.es> 2007/12/05 12:52 PM >>>

Thanx Jeroen,

Arrrgh, another web page I don't know how to reach through the menus!

Re: What is COB-INF?

Posted by dperez <cr...@yahoo.es>.
But this info is not reachable from the 2.2 documentation section...

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/

Re: What is COB-INF?

Posted by Tobia Conforto <to...@linux.it>.
dperez wrote:
> Jeroen Reijn wrote:
> > You can find that on the website:
> > http://cocoon.apache.org/798_1_1.html
>
> Arrrgh, another web page I don't know how to reach through the menus!

???

It's the first page shown when you click on Getting involved /
Committer's and contributor's section.

Tobia

RE: What is COB-INF?

Posted by dperez <cr...@yahoo.es>.
Thanx Jeroen,

RE: What is COB-INF?

Posted by Jeroen Reijn <j....@hippo.nl>.
Hi,

You can find that on the website:

http://cocoon.apache.org/798_1_1.html

Regards,

Jeroen Reijn

Posted by dperez <cr...@yahoo.es>.

Re: What is COB-INF?

Posted by Alessandro Vincelli <av...@alessandro.vincelli.name>.
mmmh,

Re: What is COB-INF?

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
dperez wrote:
> I don't know how to arrive to this page through the menus!
> If I click the Core 2.2 on the upper row, only the list of blocks appear.
> Maybe there are a lot of interesting and hidden documentation pages.

Go to http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/core-modules/ (reachable by any 2.2 or main
page) and click on the module "Core" at the first table on the page.

Re: What is COB-INF?

Posted by dperez <cr...@yahoo.es>.

Re: What is COB-INF?

Posted by Mansour <ma...@yahoo.com>.
I am writing a tutorial about this. I am editing few mistakes and
testing the contents by following every step.
I will post the link as soon as I get it ready.

Re: What is COB-INF?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.

Re: What is COB-INF?

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
Mansour wrote:
> Mansour wrote:
>> In Cocoon 2.2 the generate block contains a folder called COB-INF
>> which I think stands for Cocoon Block, may be. However, what is this
>> directory and where can I configure it's name?
>>
>> Why would the root of the block be /COB-INF when referring to it in
>> the sitemap <map:generate src="demo/welcome.xml"/>
>> Then in the /META-INF/cocoon/spring/demo-application-context.xml file
>> it becomes <bean id="demo" class="demo.MyBean" scope="singleton"> ?!!
>>
>> I really don't understand this. I find it very confusing. Can someone
>> help here?
> I found what I was looking for here
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/core-modules/core/2.2/1263_1_1.html
>
> I 'll appreciate some comments about why is this structure for a block.

A Cocoon block may contain Java classes, component declerations (Avalon and
Spring style) and Cocoon applications. The directory structure was derived from
these needs because we had to make sure that everything has its own place:

   /COB-INF/**         The Cocoon application (sitemaps, templates, etc.)
   /META-INF/cocoon/** All configuration files
   /**                 Java classes and Java resources

And yes, COB-INF stands for COcoon block and the name was chosen in analogy to
e.g. WEB-INF.

HTH

Re: What is COB-INF?

Posted by Mansour <ma...@yahoo.com>.