Posted to user@flink.apache.org by vijayakumar palaniappan <vi...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/11 16:06:40 UTC

CEP timeout does not trigger under certain conditions

-TimeoutPattern does not trigger under certain conditions. Following are
the preconditions:

-Assume a pattern of Event A followed by Event B within 2 Seconds

-PeriodicWaterMarks every 1 second

-Assume follwoing events have arrived.

-Event A-1[time: 1 sec]

-Event B-1[time: 2 sec]

-Event A-2[time: 2 sec]

-Event A-3[time: 5 sec]

-WaterMark[time: 5 sec]

I would assume that after watermark arrival, Event A-1,B-1 detected. A-2
timed out. But A-2 timeout does not happen.

if i use a punctuated watermark and generate watermark for every event, it
seems to work as expected.

To me this seems to be a bug, is my understanding correct?

-Vijay

Re: CEP timeout does not trigger under certain conditions

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
+Kostas + Dawid, could you please have a look at this? You are kind of the experts on this topic.

Posted by vijayakumarpl <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kostas Kloudas <k....@data-artisans.com>.
I just realized that the conversation was not sent to the Mailing List, so I am resending it.

Kostas