Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Vsevolod Ilyushchenko <si...@cshl.edu> on 2001/12/03 18:02:02 UTC

ASP.NET Linux equivalent?

Hi,

Is anyone aware of a Linux product equivalent to ASP.NET from MS? Its most attractive feature is the GUI construction of Web forms and the automatic connection of their fields to a database. Since I am getting sick and tired of writing over and over the code to process user input and store it in the database, a similar product would be a huge help.

This may be somewhat offtopic, but I hope that even if Jakarta or its children do not have anything like it, then maybe the readers are informed enough to point me in the right direction. So far it seems that neither Dotgnu nor Mono have anything similar.

Thanks,
Simon
--
Simon (Vsevolod ILyushchenko)   simonf@cshl.edu
http://www.simonf.com          simonf@simonf.com

"A man who feels himself a citizen of the world whose
loyalty is to the human race and to life, rather than
to any exclusive part of it; a man who loves his country
because he loves mankind, and whose judgement is not
warped by tribal loyalties." Erich Fromm

Re: ASP.NET Linux equivalent?

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 12/3/01 9:14 PM, "achawathe" <ac...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Friend ,
>
>   You should be aware of N tier logic which is developed by Sun
> Microsystems . MIcrosoft are just on the brink of it by adapting the three
> tier logic for it .
>
>  Hope that you give a good look to Java , Jsp and ejb
>
> Cheers Amol

Wow. I'm always impressed by how well Sun's marketing works. I bet they
could also get all you lemmings to jump off a bridge.

-jon

Re: ASP.NET Linux equivalent?