Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by lanetti <la...@wanadoo.es> on 2001/04/07 12:33:21 UTC

HELP: Resolving namespaces in SOAP

Hi,

I'm starting to use the APACHE SOAP 2.1 implementation, I've installed it and seems to work OK.
However when I try to test the example named "AddressBook" with the method "getAddressFromName" there seem to be a problem with the encoding of strings, because the server says it is "Unable to resolve namespace URI for 'xsd'".

Could you help me please, I think it should be some misconfiguration in my machine because the examples are those coming with the APACHE distribution.

Thank you very much.

The SOAP request is as follows:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema">
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<ns1:getAddressFromName xmlns:ns1="urn:AddressFetcher" SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
<nameToLookup xsi:type="xsd:string">John B. Good</nameToLookup>
</ns1:getAddressFromName>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

and the SOAP Response:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema">
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<SOAP-ENV:Fault>
<faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Client</faultcode>
<faultstring>Unable to resolve namespace URI for 'xsd'.</faultstring>
<faultactor>/soap/servlet/rpcrouter</faultactor>
</SOAP-ENV:Fault>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

The service Deployment Information is:

Deployed Service Information
      'urn:AddressFetcher' Service Deployment Descriptor
      Property Details
      ID urn:AddressFetcher
      Scope Request
      Provider Type java
      Provider Class samples.addressbook.AddressBook
      Use Static Class false
      Methods getAddressFromName, addEntry, getAllListings, putListings
      Type Mappings [TypeMapping encodingStyle=http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/,elementType=urn:xml-soap-address-demo:address,javaType=samples.addressbook.Address,java2XMLClassName=org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer,xml2JavaClassName=org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer]
      [TypeMapping encodingStyle=http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/,elementType=urn:xml-soap-address-demo:phone,javaType=samples.addressbook.PhoneNumber,java2XMLClassName=org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer,xml2JavaClassName=org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer]
      Default Mapping Registry Class

Re: HELP: Resolving namespaces in SOAP

Posted by Dan Mandutianu <ma...@pacbell.net>.
I have exactly the same problem, all I can see in JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext
directory is
iiimp.jar which looks like an awt jar.
I would appreciate any hint.
Thanks.
Dan

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.
hi,

checking with http://www.soaptoolkit.com/SOAPValidator/default.asp it seems
that you have a valid SOAP message. so it must be problme with ApapcheSOAP -
maybe try with other verion of ApacheSOAP.

alek

lanetti wrote:

> Thanx a lot William, but I don't have another XML library in the system and
> I'm always putting xerces.jar at the beginning of my CLASSPATH, it starts
> with (xerces.jar, activation.jar, mail.jar, soap.jar) and later the others
> classes...
>
> any other causes?
>
> Thanx

Aleksander Slominski, LH 316, IU, http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/~aslom
As I look afar I see neither cherry Nor tinted leaves Just a modest hut
on the coast In the dusk of Autumn nightfall - Fujiwara no Teika(1162-1241)

Re: HELP: Resolving namespaces in SOAP

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.
hi,

Posted by William Brogden <wb...@bga.com>.