Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Torsten Schlabach <ts...@apache.org> on 2005/03/12 19:41:00 UTC

Editing non-XHTML documents in Lenya - some more remarks on Bug #33976

Hi all,

I had filed the bug to give this topic a number, but I wanted to make
sure we put it into the appropriate context.

We have had a discussion here on the list about publets and plugins
recently. I know I still owe the summery in the Wiki. J. Wolfgang Kaltz
and myself figured out by change that we live in the same city, so we
met for the first time in person last week and had a little meeting to
exchange our views. We found we had the same ideas, just had been using
different words for this. Wolfgang and myself will meeting again next
week and do the summary together.

The idea to be able to plug in editors and resource type packages (and
possibly other things as well) makes it necessary to find some sort of
coordinating instance, because you may want to plug in a plugin which
provides and editor that can edit arbitrary XML and you may want to plug
in a new resource type.

We need to find a way that these two plugins will know about each other
in a way that the editor is offered to edit the resource type. This
comes down to the DocumentTypeValidEditorsProposal in the Wiki, which I
never managed to write up. But it seems now is the time to come back to
this.

Regards,
Torsten