Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by "n.johnson10" <n....@saints.mhcc.edu> on 2012/05/04 22:50:47 UTC

RE: Issues with VCL

Thanks for the information.

I found out that SELinux on CentOS was causing the dojo scripts to not load on the pages and after I temporarily disabled SELinux using the 'setenforce 0' command everything seems to work.

I don't know of a permanent solution to this issue besides disabling SELinux.   I also recall an issue with SELinux causing connection issues with mysql at the beginning of the VCL installation.

Here are the commands I used to install dojo (for reference purposes)

cd ~

wget http://download.dojotoolkit.org/release-1.6.0/dojo-release-1.6.0.tar.gz

tar xvf dojo-release-1.6.0.tar.gz

mv dojo-release-1.6.0 /var/www/html/vcl/dojo

--

I also have a question about SSH.  When I use the command to manually SSH into the VMware ESXI server I get a passphrase prompt, but I can skip that by hitting enter, however, I then get a prompt for the root password of the ESXI server and I thought the purpose of creating the SSH Key was to bypass the password prompt?  If so, I must have failed to perform a step properly.

Any suggestions on what could be the cause?

Re: Issues with VCL

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

Try issuing the following command to allow the dojo code to be handed out by
httpd with SELinux enabled:

chcon -R -t httpd_sys_content_t /var/www/html/vcl/dojo

Josh

On Friday, May 04, 2012 8:50:47 PM n.johnson10 wrote:
> Thanks for the information.
>
> I found out that SELinux on CentOS was causing the dojo scripts to not load
> on the pages and after I temporarily disabled SELinux using the 'setenforce
> 0' command everything seems to work.
>
> I don't know of a permanent solution to this issue besides disabling
> SELinux.   I also recall an issue with SELinux causing connection issues
> with mysql at the beginning of the VCL installation.
>
> Here are the commands I used to install dojo (for reference purposes)
>
> cd ~
>
> wget http://download.dojotoolkit.org/release-1.6.0/dojo-release-1.6.0.tar.gz
>
> tar xvf dojo-release-1.6.0.tar.gz
>
> mv dojo-release-1.6.0 /var/www/html/vcl/dojo
>
> > Now I am encountering an issue with 2.3...  When I visit a page that
> > uses
> > Dojo it will produce a javascript error " 'Dojo' is undefined. " and
> > cause any scripts on the page to not load.   I installed Dojo Toolkit
> > 1.5.0 to /var/www/html/dojo ..   I noticed when viewing the page source
> > that there is javascript links to files that don't exist...  Eg:
> > vclManageGroups.js ..>
> >  I have done some searching and I couldn't find anything that would
> >  explain>
> > why the file is missing.
>
> The files that don't exist are custom compiled dojo profiles for VCL.  You
> can run without them.  If dojo doesn't find them, it loads everything out
> of the normal install.  Having them greatly reduces the number of dojo
> files that need to be loaded on each page load.
>
> Dojo is not saved in trunk in our subversion repository.  It is included in
> releases; so, you won't have to worry about anything with dojo when you use
> a release.
>
> In general, we don't recommend running from trunk unless you are very
> familiar with VCL.  It is never guaranteed to be stable.  Additionally,
> there may be parts of the frontend, backend, and database that are not in
> sync with each other except around release time (which happens to be now).
>
> Josh
- --
Josh Thompson
VCL Developer