Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paul Taylor <pa...@fastmail.fm> on 2005/01/04 15:32:12 UTC

Please recommend a Low Cost Tomcat Hosting platform

Hi
I have a Tomcat 4 Application ready to deploy as a WAR. It uses database
pooling to connect to a MYSQL database. I recently selected a Tomcat
hosting platform to deploy my application but the deployment is non
-standard you have to copy various parts of the WAR to different
locations which dont match the standard deployment and it doesnt use
database pooling to connect to MYSQL. I have been unable to get my
application to run on it because these issues.

This is not a high performance website and I do not need/cannot afford a
dedicated server I just want to easily be able to deploy my application.

I am based in the UK so a UK/English Speaking host would be preferable.

Could anyone recommend a hostthat provides this straight forward
deployment facilities.
Thanks paul

Re: Please recommend a Low Cost Tomcat Hosting platform

Posted by Paul Taylor <pa...@fastmail.fm>.
I've taken a look at the recommended options and this is my view from
looking at the Websites provided.

1. WebConnexions has very little information regarding JSPs (there is
only one question regarding Java on Support) and the pricing ids
unfairly skewed to be cheaper for US accounts. Im a bit dubious about it
because I have already signed up with a supposed Java Host and found it
lacking.
2. MythicBeasts is very flexible but would require me to deal with the
administration of the whole machine which isnt something I really want
todo, having deployed by application I want to just leave it be as much
as possible.
3. NameOnTheNet looks promising, they only seem to do Java Hosting and
there is alot of support information and they are based in the UK so I
think I might give them a try.
4. AssortedInternet look OK, but they seem to cover so many different
types of hosting I am unsure of how important Java Hosting is, also
based in US.

Posted by Siarhei Dudzin <si...@gmail.com>.
I use a web hosting company for 62$ per year (tomcat, mysql, ftp,
e-mail, etc.). Only 1 problem their site isn't in english. If you want
to try send me an e-mail I'll give you their URL and e-mail.

Posted by Mark Benussi <ma...@hotmail.com>.
apols www.nameonthe.net

nameonthenet.co.uk and it cant find it and nameonthenet.com is up for sale

Posted by Paul Taylor <pa...@fastmail.fm>.
I tried