Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Frank <kl...@hotmail.com> on 2017/08/15 17:37:15 UTC

FTPSERVER over VFS: listing file_or_folder types

Hi,

I made this VFS bridge for FtpServer and lately I have been playing with a virtual fileystem for XML files.

Apache VFS has the notion of a file_or_folder type in case the specific node can both have content and children (which is the case for some content management systems and also for XML).

(Mounting the FtpServer on a single xml file is maybe not very useful, but I'm looking into supporting layered files, so with ftp you could descend into zip files and xml files.)

The connection to the FtpServer doesn't work unfortunately because the DirectoryLister doesn't want to list the children if the node is of type file; this 'ambiguous' type I'm using will return true for both isFile and isDocument.

My problem is easily fixed by changing the code in DirectoryLister from checking for a file to checking for a directory; since the goal is to list children I think it is more correct.

DirectoryLister line 98:

if (virtualFile.isFile()) {

should be

if (!virtualFile.isDirectory()) {

It passes all JUnit tests and should not have any impact on your normal behaviour. Do you think you could implement this little change for a next release?

Thanks,

Frank