Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Abbas Mousavi <ab...@yahoo.com> on 2005/11/04 10:11:15 UTC

FOP and right to left layouts

I want to use FOP (Latest version) for converting
persian [right to
left] documents to PDF. (I have registered a proper
font in userconf.xml)
but in generated pdfs the glyphs are drawn in reverse
order.
In AWT view the glyphs are drawn correctly but words
are placing in
reverse orther.

what should I do, does FOP currently supports right to
left layouts,
if no is this support planed in near future,
and if no is there any other open source or commercial
product that I
can use.

thanks

Re: FOP and right to left layouts

Posted by Manuel Mall <mm...@arcus.com.au>.
On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 05:11 pm, Abbas Mousavi wrote:
> I want to use FOP (Latest version) for converting
> persian [right to
> left] documents to PDF. (I have registered a proper
> font in userconf.xml)
> but in generated pdfs the glyphs are drawn in reverse
> order.
> In AWT view the glyphs are drawn correctly but words
> are placing in
> reverse orther.
>
> what should I do, does FOP currently supports right to
> left layouts,
> if no is this support planed in near future,
> and if no is there any other open source or commercial
> product that I
> can use.

Unfortunately FOP does not yet support right-to-left layouts or more
general BIDI support. We would love to add this functionality to FOP
and any technical help in this area is more than welcome.

> thanks

Manuel