Posted to community@apache.org by Ryan Baxter <rb...@apache.org> on 2014/02/06 18:01:38 UTC

MSDN Subscription For Committers

Hi,

A while ago all committers were offered MSDN subscriptions from
Microsoft.  Mine has expired, so I went back and filled out the
form[1] to apply for a subscription earlier this week.  I have yet to
hear anything back.  Are the MSDN subscriptions still be offered?  How
long does it take to process?

-Ryan

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
I believe it is... I renewed mine in Oct just gone.

It seemed to come through pretty quickly for me, but I do also recall
reading something about it potentially taking a week or more.

HTH
Dan

Posted by Ryan Baxter <rb...@apache.org>.
Yes mine was approved.  I had to wait a week plus before it was approved.

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
Seems I am the unlucky one, still not got any response at all.

Just tried to sent the online form for the 3 time. It comes back and tells
me request was added in a google docs spreadsheet and then NIL.

hope for more luck this time.
rgds
jan I.

Re: MSDN Subscription For Committers

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Scott Ganyo <sc...@apache.org>.
Hi Ryan,

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On Thu, 6 Feb 2014 12:01:38 -0500
Ryan Baxter <rb...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A while ago all committers were offered MSDN subscriptions from
> Microsoft.  Mine has expired, so I went back and filled out the
> form[1] to apply for a subscription earlier this week.  I have yet to
> hear anything back.  Are the MSDN subscriptions still be offered?  How
> long does it take to process?
>
> -Ryan
>
> [1]
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/donated-licenses/msdn-subscription.html

Most of this was answered, but I have passed on two reports of
frustrated committers to Garrett, who has coordinated the grants
(he processes those forms, and they go to a number of different
centers for processing depending on the geographic region a given
committer lives in).  I'm waiting to hear back confirmation that
all is well, and will keep the list in the loop once I hear back.

Posted by Ryan Baxter <rb...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ross and Dan.  I will wait a little longer :)

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.