Posted to dev@ranger.apache.org by Selvamohan Neethiraj <sn...@apache.org> on 2014/10/17 09:59:24 UTC

Apache Argus dev/user group - request for initiating a new release - 0.4.0

All:

Currently, Apache Argus source code has complete functionalities for providing Authorization for the following Hadoop Components: HDFS, Hive, HBase, Knox and Storm.
Also, it has a fully functional UI to manage authorization and view audit information.

With these big features, I propose to do a release of Apache Argus/Ranger (version 0.4.0).

I have build the binary tar files from Argus source (main branch - tag "0.4.0-rc1") and placed them into my home directory: http://people.apache.org/~sneethir/argus/argus-0.4.0-rc1/ <http://people.apache.org/~sneethir/argus/argus-0.4.0-rc1/>

Please vote within next 48 hours for me to send this release request to Apache Incubator and publish the tarballs on the project web page:  http://argus.incubator.apache.org/download.html <http://argus.incubator.apache.org/download.html%20rg>.

Thanks,
Selva-

Re: Apache Argus dev/user group - request for initiating a new release - 0.4.0

Posted by Dilli Arumugam <da...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Apache Argus dev/user group - request for initiating a new release - 0.4.0

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.
Dilli, thanks

Do you have the list of files which needs copyright?

Thanks

Bosco

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.
Dilli, thanks

Posted by Dilli Arumugam <da...@hortonworks.com>.
Bosco,

wrote:

> Should we plan to do a source release, instead of a binary release?
>
> Also, since this is our first release via Apache, we need to review all
> the copyrights, licenses, etc.
>
> Owen and other mentors, can you help us here by directing us to the right
> documentation?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bosco
>
> On Oct 17, 2014, at 12:59 AM, Selvamohan Neethiraj <sn...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > All:
> >
> > Currently, Apache Argus source code has complete functionalities for
> providing Authorization for the following Hadoop Components: HDFS, Hive,
> HBase, Knox and Storm.
> > Also, it has a fully functional UI to manage authorization and view
> audit information.
> >
> > With these big features, I propose to do a release of Apache
> Argus/Ranger (version 0.4.0).
> >
> > I have build the binary tar files from Argus source (main branch - tag
> "0.4.0-rc1") and placed them into my home directory:
> http://people.apache.org/~sneethir/argus/argus-0.4.0-rc1/ <
> http://people.apache.org/~sneethir/argus/argus-0.4.0-rc1/>
> >
> > Please vote within next 48 hours for me to send this release request to
> Apache Incubator and publish the tarballs on the project web page:
> http://argus.incubator.apache.org/download.html <
> http://argus.incubator.apache.org/download.html%20rg>.
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Selva-
> >

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Apache Argus dev/user group - request for initiating a new release - 0.4.0

Posted by Dilli Arumugam <da...@hortonworks.com>.
Bosco,

wrote:

> Should we plan to do a source release, instead of a binary release?
>
> Also, since this is our first release via Apache, we need to review all
> the copyrights, licenses, etc.
>
> Owen and other mentors, can you help us here by directing us to the right
> documentation?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bosco
>
> On Oct 17, 2014, at 12:59 AM, Selvamohan Neethiraj <sn...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > All:
> >
> > Currently, Apache Argus source code has complete functionalities for
> providing Authorization for the following Hadoop Components: HDFS, Hive,
> HBase, Knox and Storm.
> > Also, it has a fully functional UI to manage authorization and view
> audit information.
> >
> > With these big features, I propose to do a release of Apache
> Argus/Ranger (version 0.4.0).
> >
> > I have build the binary tar files from Argus source (main branch - tag
> "0.4.0-rc1") and placed them into my home directory:
> http://people.apache.org/~sneethir/argus/argus-0.4.0-rc1/ <
> http://people.apache.org/~sneethir/argus/argus-0.4.0-rc1/>
> >
> > Please vote within next 48 hours for me to send this release request to
> Apache Incubator and publish the tarballs on the project web page:
> http://argus.incubator.apache.org/download.html <
> http://argus.incubator.apache.org/download.html%20rg>.
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Selva-
> >

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Apache Argus dev/user group - request for initiating a new release - 0.4.0

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bd...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Apache Argus dev/user group - request for initiating a new release - 0.4.0

Posted by Dilli Arumugam <da...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Apache Argus dev/user group - request for initiating a new release - 0.4.0

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bd...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Apache Argus dev/user group - request for initiating a new release - 0.4.0

Posted by Balaji Ganesan <bg...@hortonworks.com>.
Also, we need to move the argus repositories to ranger when Apache Infra
creates the location.

+ 1 for the release..

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Apache Argus dev/user group - request for initiating a new release - 0.4.0

Posted by Balaji Ganesan <bg...@hortonworks.com>.
Also, we need to move the argus repositories to ranger when Apache Infra
creates the location.

+ 1 for the release..

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 2:35 PM, Selvamohan Neethiraj <
sneethiraj@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Thanks Sree,
>
> I am learning the process too. I will find out the process to move to
> www.apache.org location specified below.
>
> Thanks,
> Selva-
>
> On Oct 17, 2014, at 4:15 PM, Sree V <sr...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Selva,
> >
> > Would you move the built files from under your name directory to argus
> project directory ?More appropriate would be,
> >
> > http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/argus/argus-0.4.0-rc1/
> >

> > Thanking you.
> >
> > With Regards
> > Sree
> >

> > On Friday, October 17, 2014 1:07 PM, Sree V <sr...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > +1
> >

> > Thanking you.
> >
> > With Regards
> > Sree
> >

> > On Friday, October 17, 2014 12:45 PM, Madhan Neethiraj <
> madhan@apache.org> wrote:
> >

> > +1
> >
> > Madhan
> >

> > On 10/17/14, 9:55 AM, "Ramesh Mani" <rm...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> >
> >> +1
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Ramesh

> Hive,

> > from Argus source (main branch - tag

> >> --
> >> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> >> NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity
> reader
> >> of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
> >> that
> >> forwarding of this communication is strictly
> > prohibited. If you have
> >> received this communication in error, please contact the sender
> >> immediately

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Apache Argus dev/user group - request for initiating a new release - 0.4.0

Posted by Selvamohan Neethiraj <sn...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks Sree,

I am learning the process too. I will find out the process to move to www.apache.org location specified below.

Thanks,
Selva-

On Oct 17, 2014, at 4:15 PM, Sree V <sr...@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:

> Hi Selva,
>
> Would you move the built files from under your name directory to argus project directory ?More appropriate would be,
>
> http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/argus/argus-0.4.0-rc1/
>

> Thanking you.
>
> With Regards
> Sree
>

> On Friday, October 17, 2014 1:07 PM, Sree V <sr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> +1
>

> Thanking you.
>
> With Regards
> Sree
>

> On Friday, October 17, 2014 12:45 PM, Madhan Neethiraj <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>

> +1
>
> Madhan
>

> On 10/17/14, 9:55 AM, "Ramesh Mani" <rm...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>> +1
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ramesh
>>
>> On Oct 17, 2014, at 12:59 AM, Selvamohan Neethiraj <sn...@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> All:
>>>
>>> Currently, Apache Argus source code has complete functionalities for
>>> providing Authorization for the following Hadoop Components: HDFS, Hive,
>>> HBase, Knox and Storm.
>>> Also, it has a fully functional UI to manage authorization and view
>>> audit information.
>>>
>>> With these big features, I propose to do a release of Apache
>>> Argus/Ranger (version 0.4.0).
>>>
>>> I have build the binary tar files
> from Argus source (main branch - tag
>>> "0.4.0-rc1") and placed them into my home directory:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~sneethir/argus/argus-0.4.0-rc1/
>>> <http://people.apache.org/~sneethir/argus/argus-0.4.0-rc1/>
>>>
>>> Please vote within next 48 hours for me to send this release request to
>>> Apache Incubator and publish the tarballs on the project web page:
>>> http://argus.incubator.apache.org/download.html
>>> <http://argus.incubator.apache.org/download.html%20rg>.
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Selva-
>>>

>> --
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>> of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
>> that
>> forwarding of this communication is strictly
> prohibited. If you have
>> received this communication in error, please contact the sender
>> immediately

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Apache Argus dev/user group - request for initiating a new release - 0.4.0

Posted by Selvamohan Neethiraj <sn...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks Sree,

I am learning the process too. I will find out the process to move to www.apache.org location specified below.

Thanks,
Selva-

On Oct 17, 2014, at 4:15 PM, Sree V <sr...@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:

> Hi Selva,
>
> Would you move the built files from under your name directory to argus project directory ?More appropriate would be,
>
> http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/argus/argus-0.4.0-rc1/
>

> Thanking you.
>
> With Regards
> Sree
>

> On Friday, October 17, 2014 1:07 PM, Sree V <sr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> +1
>

> Thanking you.
>
> With Regards
> Sree
>

> On Friday, October 17, 2014 12:45 PM, Madhan Neethiraj <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>

> +1
>
> Madhan
>

> On 10/17/14, 9:55 AM, "Ramesh Mani" <rm...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>> +1
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ramesh
>>
>> On Oct 17, 2014, at 12:59 AM, Selvamohan Neethiraj <sn...@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> All:
>>>
>>> Currently, Apache Argus source code has complete functionalities for
>>> providing Authorization for the following Hadoop Components: HDFS, Hive,
>>> HBase, Knox and Storm.
>>> Also, it has a fully functional UI to manage authorization and view
>>> audit information.
>>>
>>> With these big features, I propose to do a release of Apache
>>> Argus/Ranger (version 0.4.0).
>>>
>>> I have build the binary tar files
> from Argus source (main branch - tag
>>> "0.4.0-rc1") and placed them into my home directory:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~sneethir/argus/argus-0.4.0-rc1/
>>> <http://people.apache.org/~sneethir/argus/argus-0.4.0-rc1/>
>>>
>>> Please vote within next 48 hours for me to send this release request to
>>> Apache Incubator and publish the tarballs on the project web page:
>>> http://argus.incubator.apache.org/download.html
>>> <http://argus.incubator.apache.org/download.html%20rg>.
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Selva-
>>>

>> --
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>> of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
>> that
>> forwarding of this communication is strictly
> prohibited. If you have
>> received this communication in error, please contact the sender
>> immediately

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Apache Argus dev/user group - request for initiating a new release - 0.4.0

Posted by Sree V <sr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Selva,

Posted by Sree V <sr...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Selva,

Posted by Sree V <sr...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Sree V <sr...@yahoo.com>.
+1

Posted by Madhan Neethiraj <ma...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Madhan Neethiraj <ma...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Ramesh Mani <rm...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Regards,
Ramesh

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Apache Argus dev/user group - request for initiating a new release - 0.4.0

Posted by Ramesh Mani <rm...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Regards,
Ramesh