Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bob DeRemer <bo...@thingworx.com> on 2013/08/22 18:39:22 UTC

standalone use of Tomcat 8 websocket-api.jar getWebSocketContainer returning null

I'm trying to use the Tomcat8 jsr client functionality in a standalone java client.  I'm trying to use the minimal number of jars, so I gabbed websocket-api.jar ONLY.  When I call ContainerProvider.getWebSocketContainer(), it returns null.

Do I need another jar to resolve this on the client?

Thanks,

Bob DeRemer
Senior Director, Architecture and Development

http://www.thingworx.com<http://www.thingworx.com/>
Skype: bob.deremer.thingworx
O: 610.594.6200 x812
M: 717.881.3986

RE: standalone use of Tomcat 8 websocket-api.jar getWebSocketContainer returning null

Posted by Bob DeRemer <bo...@thingworx.com>.

Not a problem, I just wanted to figure out the minimal as opposed to taking all of them

-thx

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Niki Dokovski <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 10:07 PM, Niki Dokovski <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 7:39 PM, Bob DeRemer <bo...@thingworx.com>wrote:
>
>>  I’m trying to use the Tomcat8 jsr client functionality in a standalone
>> java client.  I’m trying to use the minimal number of jars, so I gabbed
>> websocket-api.jar ONLY.  When I call
>> ContainerProvider.getWebSocketContainer(), it returns null.  ****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Do I need another jar to resolve this on the client?
>>
> Yes. The complete list is: tomcat-websocket-api, tomcat-websocket,
> tomcat-util tomcat-coyote tomcat-juli
> Here you can find an example
> https://github.com/nickytd/websocket-message-handlers-example*
> *