Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Patrick Tiquet <PT...@grandcentral.com> on 2001/06/26 21:11:48 UTC

tomcat and hardware load balancer

I'm trying to use tomcat through an Alteon load-balancer.
However, I'm seeing a issue where connections remain in Established between
the load-balancer and Tomcat, even though the client request has terminated
between Apache and the load-balancer. The result is a bunch of unused
established connections and defunct processes on the Tomcat server. The
strange thing is that the Alteon doesn't show any active connections to the
Tomcat server, but a netstat on the tomcat server shows them as there. I
have the load-balancer set to timeout any unused tcp connections after 2
mins. But these connections stay around for hours.
Anyone else have this problems or know of any issues which may cause this?