Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/06 09:49:45 UTC

[VOTE] Incubator PMC to approve the 4.0-RC2 release of ActiveMQ

In accordance with the incubator release procedure (see below) the
ActiveMQ community has voted on and approved a proposal to release
4.0-RC2 after some minor issues were found in the 2nd version of
4.0-RC1.

We would now like to request the permission of the Incubator PMC to
perform the release.

Proposal:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-activemq-dev/200603.mbox/%3cec6e67fd0603170922h3f8644f7h223256fe55a07400@mail.gmail.com%3e

Vote threads:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-activemq-dev/200604.mbox/%3caf2843cd0604030919i65a3e2e4y93ccff1abbc36f61@mail.gmail.com%3e
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-activemq-dev/200603.mbox/%3caf2843cd0603211706p265affa2v29359e6c6f2c155a@mail.gmail.com%3e
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-activemq-dev/200603.mbox/%3caf2843cd0603221054l690bb065q2bb81902a4b9451c@mail.gmail.com%3e

Vote result:
9 +1s and no 0/-1

+1: James Strachan, Jonas Lim, Dain Sundstrom, Alan D. Cabrera, Bruce
Snyder, Fritz Oconer, Hiram Chirino, Guillaume Nodet, Adrian Co

Release tarball:
http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.0-RC2/distributions/

Releases section of the Incubation Policy:
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases

Here's my +1

--

James
-------

Re: [VOTE] Incubator PMC to approve the 4.0-RC2 release of ActiveMQ

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.
James Strachan wrote:

>> Please correct accordingly, as neither appears to be the case currently.
>
> Will do; I'll call a 4.0-RC3 vote shortly when we've got a new distro...
>
> --
>
> James

James,
I just reviewed RC3 (placed in the repo 4/13) and it looks good. I'll give it a +1 when your ready to call a vote.

Bill

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 4/10/06, Noel J. Bergman <no...@devtech.com> wrote:
> James Strachan wrote:
>
> > Release tarball:
> >
> http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.0-RC2/distributions/
>
> > Releases section of the Incubation Policy:
> > http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases
>
> As per the latter:
>
>  * the release archive MUST contain the word "incubating" in the filename

Note that the maven distribution is called
"incubator-activemq-4.0-RC2" and folks using Maven must use
"incuabtor-activemq" to download the jars - and the Maven entry in the
repository is  clearly "incubator-activemq".

However within the "incubator-activemq-4.0-RC2" directory we still are
calling the actual file "activemq-4.0-RC2.*". I've just fixed the
build process to add an extra "incuabtor" in there...

>  * the release archive MUST contain an Incubation disclaimer (as described
>    in the previous section), clearly visible in the main documentation or
>    README file.

Damn I thought I"d fixed this months ago - turns out we have two
README.txt files in SVN

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/activemq/trunk/README.txt
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/activemq/trunk/assembly/README.txt

and the build process is using the one without the disclaimer in it.
I've fixed this now...

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
James Strachan wrote:

> Release tarball:

http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.0-RC2/distributions/

> Releases section of the Incubation Policy:
> http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases

As per the latter:

 * the release archive MUST contain the word "incubating" in the filename
 * the release archive MUST contain an Incubation disclaimer (as described
   in the previous section), clearly visible in the main documentation or
   README file.

Please correct accordingly, as neither appears to be the case currently.

	--- Noel