Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Toralf Lund <to...@pgs.com> on 2014/01/23 13:39:41 UTC

qpid::log::Logger::select() vs QPID_LOG_ENABLE

Hi

I'm trying to enable "full" logging in a QPid C++ 0.14 application via

export QPID_LOG_ENABLE="trace+"

but I don't really get a lot of extra information. I'm wondering,
though, if the reason is that I also set up for somewhat more limited
logging in the application, like this:

     qpid::log::Selector levels;

     levels.enable(qpid::log::critical);
     levels.enable(qpid::log::error);
     levels.enable(qpid::log::warning);

     qpid::log::Logger::instance().select(levels);

Will this actually override the QPID_LOG_ENABLE environment variable? If
it does, is there any way to avoid this? I mean, maybe I could just
check if the variable is there via getenv(), but:

 1. Ideally, I don't want the application code to make assumptions about
    variables decoded by the library.
 2. I may want to combine the settings, i.e. have the application "add
    to" the levels given via the environment.

- Toralf

This e-mail, including any attachments and response string, may contain proprietary information which is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachment immediately. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, forward, copy, print or rely on this e-mail in any way except as permitted by the author.