Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by wen gong <wg...@siebel.com> on 1999/03/22 02:31:19 UTC

general/4095: Apache server (in NT service mode) failed to execute a DOS script

>Number:         4095
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Apache server (in NT service mode) failed to execute a DOS script
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Release:        1.3.4
>Environment:
NT4.0
perl -V output:
C:\APACHE\htdocs\cgi-bin>perl -V
Summary of my perl5 (5.0 patchlevel 4 subversion 02) configuration:
  Platform:
    osname=MSWin32, osvers=4.0, archname=MSWin32
    uname=''
    hint=recommended, useposix=true, d_sigaction=undef
    bincompat3=undef useperlio=undef d_sfio=undef
  Compiler:
    cc='cl', optimize='-O', gccversion=
    cppflags='-DWIN32'
    ccflags ='-MD -DWIN32'
    stdchar='unsigned char', d_stdstdio=define, usevfork=false
    voidflags=15, castflags=0, d_casti32=define, d_castneg=define
    intsize=4, alignbytes=8, usemymalloc=n, randbits=15
  Linker and Libraries:
    ld='link', ldflags ='-nologo -subsystem:windows'
    libpth=d:\devstudio\vc\lib
    libs=oldnames.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.li
b advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib netapi32.lib uuid.lib wsock32.
lib mpr.lib winmm.lib version.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib
    libc=msvcrt.lib, so=dll
    useshrplib=undef, libperl=undef
  Dynamic Linking:
    dlsrc=dl_win32.xs, dlext=dll, d_dlsymun=undef, ccdlflags=' '
    cccdlflags='', lddlflags='-dll'

  Compile-time options: DEBUGGING
  Built under MSWin32
  Compiled at Aug  9 1997 21:42:37
  @INC:
    c:\perl\lib\site
    c:\perl\lib
    c:\perl\lib
    c:\perl\lib\site
    c:\perl\lib\site
    .
when running Apache as a NT service, Apache server failed to run a BAT script
(it is originally a perl script, converted using pl2bat)
The error log is:
Apache: [Sun Mar 21 17:10:19 1999] [error] [client 10.1.70.144] Premature end of
 script headers: c:/apache/htdocs/cgi-bin/view_ifmap.bat
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I ran Apache in a DOS window, no such problem occurred.