Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by DarkStone <da...@163.com> on 2014/04/25 13:32:53 UTC

A fatal ADT package error, possible caused by Flex 4.12 with AIR 13 SDK!!

Hi,

I've just downloaded Flex 4.12 & AIR 13 & Flash Player 13 with Flex SDK
Installer 2.7 today, they are all production release versions, I correctly
import the 4.12.0 SDK folder to my Flash Builder 4.7 (x64 on Windows 7 x64)
like I always do.

Then I try to export release for my Flex Mobile Project to the AdHoc IPA
file, the bin-release-temp folder and all of its contents (MyDemo.swf,
MyDemo-app.xml, and subfolders etc.) are successfully generated, but when I
click Finish Button inside the Export Release Build Window, ADT start to
package the bin-release-temp contents, just after a few seconds, Flash
Builder popups an error window says:

"Error occurred while packaging the application:"

"D:\VLP\FLEX\MyDemo\bin-release-temp\AOT\MyDemo-app.xml: error 308: File  is
missing from the package"

(I carefully watched the files inside the AOT folder, the MyDemo-app.xml
file was there each time it started to package, so it's not missing at all!
But when Flash Builder popups the error above, the AOT folder is automaticly
deleted from the bin-release-temp folder)

Then I try to add "-useLegacyAOT no" before "-provisioning-profile" to
Customize Launch, which results in the same error above!

When I used Flex 4.11 (or earlier versions) + AIR 4 (or earlier versions) +
Flash Player 12 (or earlier versions), I can package the same flex mobile
project (MyDemo) to AdHoc IPA with no errors at all, one thing to notice is
that I did not use "-useLegacyAOT no" to Customize Launch at that time.

I don't know whether it's an AIR 13.0.0.83 SDK bug or Flex 4.12.0 SDK bug,
but it's fatal one for Flex Mobile Projects! (BTW there is no problem with
pure ActionScript Moble Projects)

Could anyone please have a look at this issue, thanks to any further
replies!

DarkStone
2014-04-25

Re: A fatal ADT package error, possibly caused by Flex 4.12 with AIR 13 SDK!!

Posted by DarkStone <da...@163.com>.
Hi all,

I have confirmed this is an AIR SDK 13.0.0.83 bug.

I have reported this bug to Adobe Bugbase, and I also included the
workaround:
https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3750892

The workaround is:
Simply comment the <externalSwfs> tag will solve this bug, like this:

DarkStone
2014-04-28

Re: A fatal ADT package error, possibly caused by Flex 4.12 with AIR 13 SDK!!

Posted by DarkStone <da...@163.com>.
I have posted this issue to Adobe AIR forum:
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1459005

Just in case it's an AIR 13 SDK bug.

DarkStone
2014-04-25