Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ross Gardler <ro...@gardler.org> on 2005/09/06 09:11:48 UTC

[FORREST TUESDAY] Creating an XHTML2 plugin

OK, Forrest Tuesday is underway and the place is full :-))

I've got to leave right now, but I will be back in 6-8 hours. Here are
my thoughts about what we should do to proceed. They are only thoughts
so noboday need take any notice ;-)

----

I've created a new internal plugin o.a.f.p.internal.xhtml2, since this
is an internal plugin it can override all pipelines in core.

I thought we should gradually build up this plugin to do what Forrest
core should do with XHTML2. i.e. start with a blank sheet

I've started by adding Gavs XHTML2 page as a sample.

However, the plugin does not do anything yet, I even added a broken
match :-)

The first step is to add a stylesheet to convert the sample XHTML2
document to an HTML document.

Then we need to think about what the procesing pipeline will be (don't
forget our woring draft in SVN that outlines this)

----

Some reminders:

We are *not* working with skins but with views + themes

We should be utilising the locationmap to ts fullest

Ross

Re: [FORREST TUESDAY] Creating an XHTML2 plugin

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> OK, Forrest Tuesday is underway and the place is full :-))
>
> I've got to leave right now, but I will be back in 6-8 hours. Here are
> my thoughts about what we should do to proceed. They are only thoughts
> so noboday need take any notice ;-)
>
> ----
>
> I've created a new internal plugin o.a.f.p.internal.xhtml2, since this
> is an internal plugin it can override all pipelines in core.

So if people don't known how to get started ..
cd forrest
svn up
cd whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.xhtml2
/svn/asf/forrest/tools/ant/bin/ant local-deploy
forrest run

-David