Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/03 10:02:14 UTC

Use the nice new gogo shell as the default in the Felix distro

Hi all,

Now that we have gogo 1.0.0 with nice JLine integration which provides
things like command completion, history, colours and other nice things I
think we should ship this in the default Felix distribution.

It does create a Java 8 dependency as the gogo jline bundle depends on
JLine and that depends on Java 8, but I think that the default Felix
distribution is only really used for development purposes so that shouldn't
harm anyone. For those who cannot use Java 8, they can always replace the
default bundles with other ones.

Thoughts anyone?

I have created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-5395 to track
this...

Cheers,

David

Re: Use the nice new gogo shell as the default in the Felix distro

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
Since nobody complained, I'm planning to make this change today.

Thanks,

David