Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Drasko Kokic <dr...@yahoo.com> on 2000/09/20 00:31:01 UTC

[C1.8-dev] Publishing Engine could not be initialized.

After building Cocoon 1.8-dev I am getting the
following error (for all requests):

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating
org.apache.cocoon.producer.ProducerFromRequest: class
is not found
                              at
org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:106)
                              at
org.apache.cocoon.framework.Router.init(Router.java:80)
                              at
org.apache.cocoon.producer.ProducerFactory.init(ProducerFactory.java:72)
                              at
org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:101)
                              at
org.apache.cocoon.Engine.(Engine.java:165)
                              at
org.apache.cocoon.Engine.getInstance(Engine.java:218)
                              at
org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:141)
                              at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.initServlet(ServletWrapper.java:315)
                              at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:445)
                              at
                              at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:160)
                              at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)
                              at
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

I remember reading somewhere that
"ProducerFromRequest" is being disabled (for security
reasons) ... but is that really the cause of the
error?!

Thanks in advance (and sorry if it's FAQ)

Drasko

http://im.yahoo.com/

Re: [C1.8-dev] Publishing Engine could not be initialized.

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Drasko Kokic wrote:

> After building Cocoon 1.8-dev I am getting the
> following error (for all requests):
>
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating
> org.apache.cocoon.producer.ProducerFromRequest: class
> is not found

you'll want to update your cocoon.properties - always copy over the new
cocoon.properties when going between major versions of cocoon, then remake
any site customizations in the new properties file. it happens that we've
removed ProducerFromRequest in the new distribution for security reasons.

- donald